Can you balance the priorities of multiple projects, while developing a small force of platform ninjas? Do you see leveling up old code bases, architecture, and systems to modern standards as a challenge worthy of the gods? Does the idea of keeping some of the greatest games ever made playable for generations to come sound like a road you'd like to trek?
We do. And if you do too, Classic Games would like to speak with you about our position for a Lead Platform Engineer.Responsibilities
- Work closely with client, server, design, art, and production to understand needs of the team
- Improve development, art, and QA pipelines via tools development and integration with internal services
- Use open source philosophies to architect tooling for more than a single product or team
- Prioritize work for multiple lanes of traffic
- Manage, support, and guide the careers of a varied workforce of tools, automation, and anti-cheat engineers
- Experience in managed C style languages (Java, C#, etc.)
- Experience with modern CI technologies (Jenkins Preferred)
- Experience with build servers and pipelines
- Strong understanding of HTTP protocol and experience designing REST services
- Understanding of modern operating systems and browsers
- Understanding of basic protocols (SSH, TCP, etc.)
Required Application Materials
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related Engineering degree
- Experience with TDD and distributed systems
- Passion for video games with a strong familiarity in the Diablo, Warcraft, or StarCraft franchises
- Cover Letter
- Don't summarize your Resume, we promise we'll read it too
- Why you are interested in working on Classic Games?
- What games you are currently playing?
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.