At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We are on a mission to provide the world's best interconnected shopping experience; and to do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it's like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
As a Lead UX Architect, you will lead initiatives with Designers, Product Managers, and Developers to understand users and their tasks in the real world and take ecommerce to the next level. These initiatives include evaluating end to end customer journeys and redefining them, leading small teams to rethink key experiences, and special projects that connect ecommerce to broader parts of the company. Prior experience with ecommerce is a huge bonus. UX Team - Who are we?
We are the Digital Experience team for Home Depot. We carved out our own design studio among the pines and hills of Atlanta, one of the country's top cities, and created a culture to build the best mobile and web experiences in the industry. Home Depot's online team combines a broad range of creative talent including visual & interaction design, information architecture, content strategy, media production, and analytics. We're creating the future on online and mobile retail and have the resources of a Fortune 50 company to back it up. What's not to like? Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope:
- 55%-Create user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes and UI documentation. This includes participating in requirements visualizations, design studios, idealization sessions and other participatory design activities typically embodied within a collaborative, iterative UX design environment
- 20% - Leads team members and through full cycle UCD products spanning user research (persona, journey maps, opportunity maps), ideation, user testing, then solution refinement and final execution. Conducts design workshops with UX and other partners.
- 15%-Maintain strong relationships with product management, development and other critical partners across all phases of the product development life cycle
- 10%-Provide on-going quality assurance support to ensure the successful implementation of the designed UX
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Position reports to Sr. Manager, User Experience
- No Direct reports
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!