GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Validation Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
District Of Columbia
Schenectady, Greenville, Other
The Lead Validation Engineer will conduct system level wind turbine validation testing activities including measurements of turbine loads, acoustics, power quality, and thermals. The Lead Validation Engineer will work on services new product introductions, cost reduction efforts, and performance improvements.
As the Lead Validation Engineer, you will:
* Design, document, and calibrate test systems in support of acoustics, power production, loads, thermal, and other measurement campaigns
* Travel to test site locations to install, monitor, troubleshoot data systems
* Understand basic controls and be able to operate wind turbine generators to generate special load case conditions
* Support Lead certification efforts for new turbine configurations
* Manage contracts with independent test institutes to ensure high-quality test data and reports are received in timely fashion
* Develop new test & learn capabilities
* Perform project management functions to plan and coordinate prototype operation
* Hold reviews and utilize configuration management to capture documentation
* Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Aero or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position
* Ability and willingness to travel 60%
* Ability and willingness to climb wind turbine towers of 300 ft or more
* Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Advanced degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
* Experience in Services Engineering
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects and people / contractors
* Hands on skills for using test equipment both electrical and mechanical
* Good knowledge of and experience with Process Validation, Statistical Analysis, Technical Documentation, Engineering Standards, and Guidelines
* Experience in wind turbine testing, operation, & field operations
* Experience in project management and working with third - party contractors
* Proven ability to work under pressure and challenging conditions
* Strong desire and ability to drive improvement and change
* Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or equivilant quality experience
* Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
* Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment with a global team across cultural boundaries
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.