Visa Corporate IT group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our operational functions into a single area focused on providing world class operational support to our end users. Additionally, we are moving our engineering teams into a new organization, leveraging a DevOps mindset, focused on delivering projects\solutions in a more efficient manner. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide engineering support for the services we're responsible for. As a member of the End User Technology team, the Staff Video Engineering position is responsible for ensuring our end users receive the best Voice and Video experience possible. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic and evolving global team that is driving the charge to ensure that Visa is not only the best way to pay but also the best place to work with state of the art end user technology and solutions. Job Description
The Unified Communication group is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design, support, availability, and reliability of Visa Inc.'s Voice and Video infrastructure including video conferencing end points and bridging technologies, audio and web conferencing, Telepresence, VoIP CUCM, and video streaming services.
This is an individual contributor role within the unified communication engineering team, responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as an architecture design lead and technical/functional specialist working independently with guidance only in complex situations. This position is responsible for the engineering, level three operational support and performance analysis of global corporate voice and video collaborative services. It requires excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Architect, design and support short and long term solutions based upon existing Visa technology environment. Create detailed design documents, evaluate and test new and evolving technologies for performance and cost benefits and then provide assistance on components of the acquisition process, including business case, vendor selection and input on contract negotiations.
- Plan, implement, and provide ongoing escalation support for the following products and services: Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Cisco TelePresence, Acano, Polycom and Cisco video conferencing endpoints, Cisco video bridging infrastructure and Qumu video streaming webcast solution. MeetingPlace and Webex audio/web conferencing
- Provide basic project coordination for in-house projects to ensure they adhere to company policy, are completed on time and within budget, meet the deliverables of the project while following change control procedures.
- Provide third level problem resolution support as necessary to achieve or exceed voice/video network and system service level commitments. In addition, provide limited second tier technical support that may require periodic 24X7 immediate response times.
- Assist in the production of webcast / video streaming and video conference global meetings, cultural events and training seminars.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on deployment or support issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to work successfully with diverse cultures while accommodating global time zone constraints.
- Participate fully in the development, testing and QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations.
- Provide technical consultancy to operations, engineering team members and end users to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe.
- Work with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements, provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts
and maintain system security for voice and video systems.
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years' experience in voice and video technologies, which can be a combination of experience in the telecommunications / network fields and equivalent professionally qualified education and experience such as Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technology field. Cisco certifications are highly desirable.
- High level of competence in the following: Cisco VOIP (CUCM), Cisco and Polycom video endpoints, Cisco video bridging infrastructure, and Cisco TelePresence. Microsoft Lync
technologies and Web streaming solutions (such as Qumu) experience are preferred.
- A conceptual understanding of basic routing/switching/QOS, firewalls and its potential impact on voice, video and web streaming network environments.
- Strong process orientation and proven planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills along with effective oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical users. Staying calm under pressure.
- Experience leading technology deployments on moderately complex cross regional projects, including planning, documentation, and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex voice and video environments.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among multiple concurrent projects while also handling interruptions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.