Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Job Summary:
The Lead Waiter/Waitress position is vital to achieving excellent customer service and executing catering events. They are responsible for pulling equipment for event set up, transporting materials and food to the event, setting up the event, serving guests, cleaning up the event, and returning equipment to the Catering Department. Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Organize and lead catering team on all catering functions
- Organize and lead preparation banquet room for the function
- Serve meals and beverages in accordance with catering protocol and banquet sheets
- Properly set tables for special functions
- Load/unload event equip. into catering vehicles, following all safety procedures in compliance with DOT regulations.
- Clean all functions areas upon completion
- Perform opening and closing side work as needed
- Must Maintain a professional appearance
- Maintain storage rooms and supplies in an orderly fashion
- Maintain equipment and all other catering supplies
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Ability to understand and follow directions from the Manager/Director
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and frequently lift, push, pull, or carry up to 30 lbs
- Ability to walk or stand for extended time periods, up to 6 hours
- Involves repetitive motion
- Involves working with chemicals, heated equipment, steam and at other risk conditions
- Ability to move in and out of catering vehicles and transport event equipment and food product in a safe manner
- Cross-training and work in other dining locations on campus as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
- Supervises the staff and sanitation of facilities of the locations.
- Responsible for openings and closing the building, managing employee issues and making sure the location is staffed appropriately.
Display good customer relation skills and take initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
Guide, direct, and motivate Associates - Provide guidance and direction to Associates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance. Ensure that Associates are ready to serve meal when it is prepared.
Requisition additional help as required by department schedule. Direct setting up of tables and decorations.
Plan the serving order and orchestrate its completion in a timely, quiet and courteous manner.
Actively participate in room set up and service and direct wait staff and bar staff. Train all set up and wait staff
Observe guests to fulfill any additional requests, to perceive when next course should begin, or when meal is completed.
Aide in the operation of the banquet department.
Ensure proper completion of all consumption sheets.
Inventory equipment and supplies.
Display awareness and compliance with security, safety, emergency and energy procedures.
Relieve Operation Manager and operate the department.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management; complete safety training and certifications. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
Ensure uniform and appearance is clean and professional and in accordance with Aramark Policy Standards.
Other duties as assigned by Management Qualifications JOB SKILLS REQUIRED
Perform a variety of activities, changing activities frequently and sometimes without notice.
The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
Plan the work of others.
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Use judgment and reasoning to cope with emergencies, such as sudden illness, accident, or interrupted service.
Speaking - Talk to others to convey information effectively.
Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Guide, direct, and motivate subordinates - Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
Service Orientation - Actively looks for ways to help people. MANAGEMENT ASSISTANCE ACTIVITIES
Direct the work of associates
Plan the work of others.
Apportion the work among associates
Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the property
Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more associates or their equivalent up to 100 associates.
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.