Under general supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor or other supervisory/management-level position within the Distribution Center, responsible for performing a variety of warehouse-related duties such as receiving and storage of goods, preparing orders for shipment by picking items from shelves and placing them in totes, and ensuring that orders are filled accurately and efficiently, continually striving for improved customer satisfaction. May lead one or more job groups within the Warehouse organization. Provides work direction to warehouse associates in the absence of Supervisor. This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- If a PkMS enabled environment, must be able to utilize the functions of the warehouse management system in order to perform daily tasks.
- Responsible to assist with the efficient execution of, order filling, receiving, stocking, and returns based on shift assignment. May oversee shipping, operations (UPS, emergency orders, or general deliveries)
- Continues to perform as an individual contributor completing advanced and complicated tasks requiring considerable judgment, independent analysis and decision making and detailed knowledge of the position and procedures.
- Trains associates according to SOPs and performs observations as needed.
- As Warehouse Shift Lead, provides day-to-day tactical direction and guidance to Warehouse Associates. Responsible for daily workloads.
- Does not have direct supervisor/management duties such as hiring, performance evaluation, or disciplinary responsibilities but will provide related feedback to supervision as needed.
- Assists with inventory procedures as requested.
- Maintains a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and DEA regulations.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary and participate in physical inventory.
- Provides work direction to Warehouse Associates in the absence of Supervisor.
- Coordinates work flow with other departments in the Distribution Center.
- Makes recommendations on process flow and efficiencies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires completion of a high school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of two (2) years of equivalent work experience. Higher/secondary education or specialized training or certification is preferred. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of comparing and reading product descriptions, names and shelf labels.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Applicants should be proficient on all battery powered equipment. IE, Cherry Picker, Reach Truck and Pallet Jack
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.