Lead Worker - Facilities
The Lead Worker – Facilities will coordinate the routine schedules of the maintenance technicians involved in one or more craft specialties while performing work in one or more of the skilled trades. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
* Serves as a working lead coordinating activities of service employees engaged in cleaning and/ or light maintenance of smaller less complex facilities of commercial, health care facility, school, residence hall, or other establishments.
* Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
* Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
* Orients and trains employees.
* Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution.
* Performs day to day assignments in addition to lead duties.
* Document all work in the CMMS system.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* /Job Qualifications:/*
* High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
* 1 or more years of related work experience.
* Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
* Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Ability to work well alone and in a team.
* Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
* Good attention to detail.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent management and organizational skills.
* Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
*Certifications:* Holds appropriate license/certification for the specific work to be done in the city and state in which the work will be done.
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* /Physical Requirements:/*
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
*/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/*
* Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
* Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
*Now Hiring Custodial Engineers for multiple FWCS locations!!!*
Starting Wage: *$11.45hr-$12.25*
As the world s 18th largest employer, Sodexo operates in 80 countries providing more than 100 technical services that improve performance and contribute to a better quality of life for 75 million customers every day. We achieve this by promoting our ethical principles which are based upon trust, respect, honesty and integrity. Come join our team and build a career for your future.
*Sodexo will require a Safe Hire background check and drug screen for this position.*
*Full-Time Employee Benefits:*
Annual Performance Raises
401(k) w/Employer Match
Rewards & Incentives
Opportunities for Advancement
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Disability, Life & Accident Insurance
Direct Deposit & Employee Discounts
Paid Time Off
Position Title – Custodian
Hours – Full-Time & Part-Time
Shift – 2nd & 3rd Shift
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.