DEPARTMENT : Human Resources, Compensation & Benefits THE ROLE :
The Leader of Executive Compensation will support the Company's strategic development and on-going administration of executive compensation, aligned with overall company strategy, and in support of executive leadership, Human Resources leadership, and the NewCo Compensation Committee. Key Relationships:
Reports to: Head of Compensation & Benefits
Direct Reports: TBD
Other Key Stakeholders: Works closely and effectively with key contacts in HR leadership, senior management, the functional areas of legal, finance, tax and payroll, and manages external consultants/advisors LOCATION: Charlotte, NCKey Responsibilities:
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS :Business Knowledge/Technical Skills:
- Lead the design, development, implementation and administration of the Company's executive compensation strategy and programs. Analyze the effectiveness and appropriateness of plans relative to the Company's culture and strategy as well as market competitiveness and regulatory requirements. Present alternatives to executive leadership
- Serve as subject matter expert and thought leader in all areas of executive compensation and equity programs including philosophy, positioning internally and externally, incentive programs, equity awards & administration, and perquisites, as well as the general governance that surrounds the field of executive compensation
- Develop and make clear and effective formal presentations and recommendations surrounding executive compensation
- Communicate effectively to participants, explaining complex executive compensation programs using simple, clear illustrations
- Prepare materials for the Compensation Committee, in support of executive and Human Resources leadership
- Lead administration of other executive compensation plans and perquisites
- Advise HR business partners and senior leadership on executive compensation matters
- Support merger, acquisition and divestiture-related due diligence and other activities when necessary
- Act as an HR leader. Support all of Human Resources. Be a mentor for the Compensation team, developing the talents of the Compensation group
- Analyze compensation packages for executive new hires and recommend appropriate compensation offers
- Monitor and evaluate the potential impact of current and evolving executive compensation practices and changing regulatory issues, and communicate potential impact along with recommendations
- Ensure clear, concise and understandable disclosure about compensation paid to executive officers as required
- Partner with Human Resources and Legal to draft and approve new and/or revised compensation plans for management and Compensation Committee review and approval.
- In partnership with associate compensation team, collaborate with Human Resources on organizational design and career path development and make periodic and appropriate adjustments to job levels, titles and pay opportunities
- Collaborate with associate compensation team in the analysis of market compensation studies and external benchmarking, job analysis and pay structure development of annual merit review, short-term and long-term incentive programs
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building skills with Human Resources and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate an executive presence
- Demonstrated detail-oriented work ethic, and a total commitment to accuracy and quality
- Familiarity with equity administration required; Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or other related field required; Master's degree and CCP and/or CECP certification preferred
- Possess strong knowledge of SEC regulations, 409A, 162(m) and other applicable regulations associated with executive compensation programs
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- 10+ years of experience in compensation development, design, implementation, methodologies, compliance and controls, and legal environment with minimum of 3 years in executive compensation at a U.S.-based publicly-traded company
- 10+ years leading teams and managing projects
- Thinks Strategically - Sets direction aligned to the company's executive compensation strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Motivates People - Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company's vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Seizes Opportunity - Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Drives Results - Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.