Director of Yield Management role would be responsible for developing and maintaining industry leading pricing, packaging, and inventory management capabilities to support all Sales Channels (Direct, Middle Market, Local, and Programmatic) and Partnerships. This role will report into VP of Operations in NYC and will have a team reporting to him/her from Atlanta and NYC.
This role is a highly critical role working cross-functionally with Sales Management, Ad Product, Product, Programmatic, Finance, and Client Solutions to make strategic decisions about company's business to maximize revenue. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to think strategically, pull creative insights leveraging large sets of data, extremely organized, and highly motivated to go above and beyond
• Continuously monitor and enhance rate cards and discount parameters for Direct Sales, Programmatic, and Agencies. Research to define pricing value based on market competition and product performance and implement tactics to improve CPM across all Sales Channels.
• Develop and deploy tactics to improve sell-through across all Sales Channels. This includes but not limited to sponsorship packaging, seasonal packaging, and promotional discounts
• Manage and provide in-depth pricing, revenue, and inventory utilization reports for executive and senior management in a periodic basis.
• Provide revenue modeling to forecast revenue, impression, and CPM change for new products, change products, and new partnership deals
• Partner with Ad Product, Product, Ad Ops, Programmatic, and Finance to brainstorm on new market opportunities/challenges impacting price and revenue (e.g. viewability, lazy loading, header bidding, priority management)
• Oversee inventory systems & vendor relationships (Inventory management and automated guaranteed tools) to enhance features and manage any system failures and bugs
• Manage escalations from Sales on specific order issues resulting in high bonus inventory or make-good approval, and other special exception handling
• Work with Senior Sales Management team and Client Solutions on crafting media plans and pricing for special partnership deals and sponsorships.
• Drive continuous improvement to existing process and tools by initiating and managing new projects with the team (e.g. reservation policies, improvements to planning tool, sales support queue management)
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.