Perform a variety of duties. Substitute for Supervisor when absent. Lead a high performance work team, directing work assignments of the team to maximize efficiency, ensuring safe work environment and product quality standards are met. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Ability to interpret Master Production Schedule, JIT reports, Kan ban containers, etc., to determine area requirements.
- Generate and maintain written schedules for all machines or machine groups in the work area.
- Revise schedules as necessary based upon completion status of Master Production Schedules areas.
- Notify proper personnel when requirements exceed capability or when capacity is available at a given area.
- Produce and distribute necessary paperwork to area operators to promote accuracy and quality of products produced.
- Be familiar with department performance goals and measurements and strive to meet or exceed goals.
- Familiarity with basic technical aspects of all jobs within the department.
- Must be able to meet Material Handling requirements.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working knowledge of production schedules and the ability to interpret, organize and communicate schedule changes as necessary in order to meet production goals. Prior knowledge and experience in department operations is strongly preferred, and experience in other areas is a plus. The team leader must demonstrate ability to effectively lead a team of associates and foster a positive work environment. Must gain or have knowledge of basic department functions in order to perform when necessary as a working member of the department. Must be able to work required overtime.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Supervisory duties.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret Master Production schedule, JIT reports, Kanban containers, etc.
- Computer familiarity and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Use of decimals, fractions, scales.
- Completion of Leadership training.
- On job training.
- Licensed to operate mobile vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essen tial functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable ind ividuals with disabilities to perform the essen tial functions. Very repetitive work, continuous standing, and walking, unless operating a fork truck. Weight amounts may vary from 5 pounds to 50 pounds, any amount over 50 pounds requires physical or mechanical help. Arm strength and coordination required for use of departmental tools. Must be able to lift 25 to 50 pounds, 1 to 30 times an hour to meet material handling requirements. Repetitive motion of hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders level and overhead. Rota ting of upper body to lift and position parts as necessary due to department demands. Continuous visual and mental demand while operating fork truck, and while operating departmental equipment.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.