GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Leader - Value Stream
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The professional will Develop, Lead and Coach a specific Operational Value Stream. This includes
Operations Leaders, Repair Team Leaders, Repair Technicians, and other support personnel to
ensure wing-to-wing continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, productivity,
fulfillment, and cost.
1. Live, promote and teach Lean principles and drive continuous improvement. Be a role model.
2. Coach and develop area leaders, team leaders, and team members to ensure standard work and escalation processes are followed.
3. Lead activities of cross-functional production team, to include responsibility for team members and the assigned value stream. Has responsibility for operational performance and improvement of keymetrics including safety, quality, delivery and culture/morale. Lead the team to support area
leaders, team leaders and operators.
4. Be visible on the floor, maintain weekly budgets for area.
5. Be a key respondent to team members for the central coordination of area. Has ownership of charts and direction of issues to respective team members for resolution.
6. Support production process and assist area leaders and team leaders to ensure proper start up procedure (material, headcount, equipment and schedule).
7. Promote visual management through activities such as daily "go and see" of hour by hour charts; weekly cycle times charts; daily communication boards; safety equipment and requirements, standard work, CI projects, cross training matrix for team members, VSL scorecards, and other related activities.
8. Promote safety culture and ensure team's compliance with safety rules and procedures. This includes PPE compliance, accident investigation within 24 hours, safety contacts, and safety activity participation. Lead accident investigations to obtain root causes, drive required change and share lessons learned.
9. Must know operational goals and objectives of the business and align activities to support them, while translating them to the team weekly.
10. Prioritize problems and escalate issues in a timely manner. Drive to maintain a partnership with shop operations personnel to promote a team that reacts aggressively to factory inefficiencies.
11. Promote open and proactive communications by following communication processes, facilitating team meetings, driving communication with teams, follow up communications, and being visible, available and approachable.
12. Develop team through support of employee skills development, cross-training matrix, coaching and mentoring. Coordinate with area leaders, team leader, HR and others in facilitating this.
13. Train and mentor in business area basics by knowing and understanding all jobs in the value stream, facilitating cross-training and other related activities.
14. Oversees all management processes relative to assigned personnel in coordination with appropriate resources such as HR, corporate staff, plant management, etc, This includes support and enforcement for all company policies, procedures, etc.
Leadership Qualities Required -
- Continuous improvement ability (able to solve problems, drive change, think creatively,
adaptability, high level of initiative and decisive).
- Interpersonal skills (communication skills both verbal and written, respect others, positive thinker,
humble, good listener, and able to coach and counsel).
- Desire to Lead and Learn (live GPS/DPS principles, lead by example, do the right thing,
supportive and understanding).
- Job knowledge (expertise, organized, ability to multi-task, resourceful).
Skills and Qualifications Required -
- BS or BA degree.
- Minimum of 3 years manufacturing operations experience.
- High level of initiative, energy, and motivation to develop and grow in a team environment.
- Strong technical competency and experience.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to facilitate team projects.
- Strong problem-solving and follow through ability.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Creative, mental agility.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Continuous improvement leadership experience; Lean Manufacturing; Six Sigma; other related.
- Cross functional experience (Team Leader or equivalent).
- Demonstrated accomplishments showing results-driven methodology, analytical methods,
schedule achievement, team work.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment with salaried and hourly team members to
meet the needs of the customer.
- Strong technical knowledge including fabrication, assembly and foaming operations.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.