**Requisition ID:** 24805BR
**Job Title:** Leadership Trainee - Multiple U.S. Locations
**Division:** 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
**Location:** 04218: Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Exempt
The Leadership Training Program is a full time 18-month development program that provides on the job training and formal learning through a structured sequence of tasks designed to expose you to specific roles within the Company. While working through the three units of the program, you will learn the fundamentals of the business; develop your leadership skills in a fast-paced position; and establish close working relationships with executives, managers, employees and clients. The strong networking and leadership skills developed will enable you to grow your career and ultimately lead our team of dedicated professionals in one of the most stable industries across the country.
• Learn and practice how to develop and lead a team
• Learn and practice how to manage a growing infrastructure
• Transfer or relocate to various locations throughout the U.S.
• Gain high visibility to senior leadership
• Receive continuous mentorship and support
• Follow a clear path to career growth
• Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your environment and your world.
• Works to develop the leadership characteristics that support the Republic Way.
• Actively champions the Company’s safety and compliance programs.
• Works with other managers to plan and direct the work of the organization.
• Receives instruction in subjects related to the rotational experience.
• Attends trainings, watches guest speakers, and creates projects and oral presentations.
• Works in different departments to gain perspective, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Procurement, Operations, and Human Resources.
• Adheres to the guidelines of formal written training program.
• Attends periodic evaluations.
• Participates with management in interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
• Uses Company systems to analyze sales, gross profit, and inventory activity.
• Works with management to develop and implement actions that protect Company assets and profitability.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Prior leadership experience.
• Basic understanding of business finance, controls, and metrics
• Current Republic Services employees must have a minimum of 4 years of experience with Republic Services (manager recommendation required)
• Non Republic Services employees must have a B.A./B.S. degree or will be receiving one in the next 6 months.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Self-motivated and strong desire to advance career.
• Ability to collaborate with others and potential to lead diverse team(s).
• Potential to motivate, persuade, and influence others to execute on business priorities.
• Strategic thinker who can respond to continuous changes in the competitive landscape.
• Demonstrates initiative, professionalism, dependability, and trustworthiness.
• Flexible and adaptable to different business environments.
• Ability to organize and analyze information for better decision-making.
• Ability to drive the Republic Way in field operations.
• Ability to manage deployment of strategic initiatives in field operations.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong organizational, prioritizing, and multitasking skills.
• Proven ability to make good decisions in a fast moving environment.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.