Position: Technology Transformation Management Process Leader
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
The Brighthouse Technology Transformation Management Process Leader is responsible for the following:
Responsible for establishing and overseeing Technology governance and management processes. This will include oversight of the Technology Portfolio of over $300M in one-time spend across 150+ initiatives in support of the technology environment standup and oversight of discretionary technology portfolio with MetLife. Partners closely with senior leadership across the Enterprise and within Technology to prioritize initiatives within the portfolio. Manages dependencies, risks, status & reporting, budget and stakeholder communication. Establishes, maintains and monitors portfolio and program management processes, including the development and reporting of key performance metrics against technology portfolio roadmap.
- Establishes process for Technology to partner with senior leadership to develop technology business plans and initiatives for all functional areas of the Enterprise (inclusive of Client Solutions, Marketing, Distribution, Finance, HR, etc.). Drives investment strategy, prioritization, supporting business case and financial investment decisions.
- Manages TMO processes; accountable for development of technology portfolio governance framework, initiative roadmap, management of one-time spend of over $300m and ongoing technology discretionary portfolio (50-100M), oversight of execution of 150+ initiatives.
- Develops and implements portfolio governance process including preparation of recommendations inclusive of impact assessment (e.g., to timeline, to budget, to cost model) and presentation of options.
- Provides ongoing oversight of technology investment strategies and decisions, including review of performance metrics and results; serves as liaison between Brighthouse Financial functional sponsors, technology leaders, program leaders and stakeholders.
- Provides oversight for delivering all projects / programs contained within the IT portfolio on time, for agreed upon scope and within budget – meeting the strategic requirements while managing the risks, dependencies and resources associated to the investment
- Ensures consistency across Technology project and program management for planning, delivery and reporting
- Champions & influences stakeholders commitment to new procedures, processes, tools and / or methodologies utilizing various communication channels in partnership with Leader of Methodology
- (5 -7 bullets)
Bachelor’s degree and related field experience required.
- 10+ years of experience in IT / Business Industry with a focus on portfolio / program management.
- Possesses extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of portfolio analysis or project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Ability to champion change, inspire a shared vision and promote key values.
- Analytic and strategic thinker capable of translating senior-level direction and corporate risk management policies and procedures into structured, practical, efficient and effective business processes. Able to achieve results in a matrix setting through stewardship, influence, motivation and change leadership.
- Problem-solver with the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative information into actionable recommendations.
- Strong leader with demonstrated sound business judgment. Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders. Develops talent for the future.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills – including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, influencing, negotiation, ability to lead, analytical, and organizational skills and conflict mediation – across a broad range of levels in the organization.
- Advanced skills in business management tools including: Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project and Access.
- Potential for people manager responsibilities.
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to company strategy, applying internal and external perspectives to meet business needs
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across the Enterprise, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives
- Drive Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards
- Grows Talent – Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance
Reports to: Transformation Management Office Leader / Officer
Direct Reports / team: Oversight of current staff augmentation resources (2-4) and hiring / management of FTE replacements.
Key Stakeholders: CTO, Technology Leadership Team, Functional Leaders (Client Solutions, Marketing / Distribution, HR, Finance, Audit, Legal, Compliance & Risk)
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 51381
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.