Position: Client Solutions Technology Delivery Lead / Officer
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a global provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management with operations in nearly 50 countries and leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With 2015 total Operating Revenues of ~$70 billion, MetLife is ranked #39 on the Fortune 500 list and #50 on the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world’s largest public companies. Globally, the company has ~69,000 employees serving approximately 100 million customers, individuals and businesses, including 90 of the FORTUNE 100®. MetLife is also one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with a $508.2 billion general account portfolio at December 31, 2015. In 2015, FORTUNE Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Company survey named MetLife #1 in the Life and Health Insurance industry.
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. The new company, Brighthouse Financial, will be a major U.S. life insurance and annuity company, with $240 billion of total assets and approximately 2.6 million insurance policies and annuity contracts in-force as of June 30, 2016. Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
The Brighthouse Financial Client Solutions Technology Delivery Lead / Officer is responsible for the creation and on-going oversight of technical solutions to achieve strategic business goals. This includes the oversight of multiple complex application development projects ongoing management of the technology application / asset portfolio. The lead develops technology strategy to realize business strategy, working with business partners to ensure technology solutions are defined, prioritized, designed, delivered and maintained with a simple and low-cost footprint.
- Leads Technology strategy, initiatives / capability delivery and ongoing services to support the Client Solutions business functions (Product Development and Pricing, New Business, Underwriting, Call Center and Operations); ensuring future state platforms are implemented to realize the business and technology architectures in a timely manner to facilitate timely TSA exits
- Articulates the benefits and capabilities of Technology; managing relationships with business partners to ensure that application delivery expectations are developed, managed and met and ensuring business partner support. Collaborates with peers to establish best practices and service consistency.
- Ensures alignment of strategic and financial plans and priorities between Technology and business partners. Drives recommendations into planning process, ensuring outputs are aligned to the highest strategic priorities. Leads and chairs service level, initiative and financial review meetings with customers and partners
- Responsible for solution delivery across scope, timeline and cost. Develops high-level work plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans and budget. Monitors results for significant deviations; invokes contingency plans when necessary. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Defines and oversees team’s use of performance metrics and client-driven reporting on key initiatives and metrics. Continually works to identify cost saving initiatives to reduce/control expenses.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and shares knowledge of risks, opportunities and services available to build a competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the business
- Manages, motivates and develops staff; identifying and addressing training and development needs. Improves team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure efficiency and boost morale.
- Proven track record for leading large-scale technology delivery with extensive business acumen and a broad range of exposure to business units
- Executive level technical and customer service management experience with ability to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders. Superior customer relationship, communications, negotiation and conflict resolutions skills; extensive experience with managing vendors and consultants / contractors desired. Experience implementing BPO and SaaS solutions in Cloud and / or working in Agile methodology preferred.
- Strong leader with demonstrated sound business judgment. Analytic and strategic thinker / problem-solver capable of translating senior-level direction into structured, practical, efficient and effective recommendations / solutions. Able to achieve results in a matrix setting through stewardship, influence, motivation and change leadership
- Extensive knowledge of software and infrastructure products / services.
- Bachelor’s degree and related field experience required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 10-15 years of broad experience in technology or business roles (including application development, architecture, risk management, operations and engineering) with progressive responsibility, preferably within the financial services industry; 5-10+ years of experience managing teams
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seizes Opportunity – Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Models our Values – Creates a culture that promotes the company’s values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
- Motivates People – Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 50341