This position is responsible for the implementation of lean manufacturing by training those who
participate in lean events. This position takes ownership for the effective and timely application
of lean tools and principles through the exercise of project management skills. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Becomes certified by JCI as a Lean Implementer, and becomes a Skill Coach in one or more lean tools.
- Performs value-stream-mapping, current and future state.
- Leads lean projects and facilitate cross-functional teams to apply lean principles and tools, and assists in recording onto SOWs and entering into Sigma Trac.
- Participates with peers to connect lean manufacturing to customer distribution networks and to the supply chain.
- Prepares detailed plans, drives project performance and assures timely completion of product/process improvement, using standard tracking and reporting systems.
- Establishes impact on operational cost and departmental expense budgets.
- Assists in the gathering and reporting of JCMS assessment data.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience.
- A minimum of two years experience in Continuous Improvement, or in a Manufacturing and Engineering environment.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including email and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making abilities.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Basic statistical knowledge and ability to apply statistics to process improvement projects.
- Solid understanding of the application of lean principles.
- Understanding of problem solving methodologies preferred.
- Ability to exercise influence without authority.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.