At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Lean Leader for the Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division located in Rockland, MA. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Lean Leader will be responsible for implementation of the 3M Lean Manufacturing System across the Rockland site. They will teach, mentor, and coach the entire organization in the core Lean principles of the 3M Lean Manufacturing System.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Become the Rockland site expert in Lean Methodology.
- Develop the site Lean strategic vision, align the organization to achieve the vision, and deploy Lean across all Rockland site value streams.
- Provide coaching to site resources and the Rockland leadership team in Lean Processes.
- Drive Lean deployment across the site by leading Value Stream improvement activities, model line workshops, and being a leader and champion for Kaizen events in Rockland.
- Provide Lean training across all levels of the Rockland site.
- Drive alignment to corporate, IBG, and IATD Lean strategic goals.
- Supervise hourly Lean team; direct their activities to help meet site's Lean goals.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum five (5) years of manufacturing experience
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of Lean experience.
- Self directed / self starter that leads with high energy and passion.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a track record of building effective working alliances with business partners.
- Effective facilitation, communication, and teaching skills.
- Ability to influence and gain consensus in a matrix organizational environment.
- Expert knowledge and experience with implementing Lean operations in a manufacturing environment.
- Results oriented with strong process and execution skills.
May include up to 10% domestic travelRelocation:
Is authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.