At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Lean Process Engineer for the Personal Safety Division located in Aberdeen, SDJob Summary
The person hired for the position of Process Engineer will be responsible for initiating and leading projects related to the manufacturing, continuous improvement and development of processes and products related to Personal Safety. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides engineering leadership to the Aberdeen plant - Establishes a network of resources and contacts to meet business goals and customer needs
- Utilizes technical skills to compile and review information to evaluate project scope, equipment specifications and other project requirements
- Monitors product factory cost and initiates continuous improvement projects
- Leads and participates in multiple Lean and Six Sigma projects focused on product and quality system improvements
- Utilizes project management skills to organize and execute projects
- Supports site and focus factory resources with process improvements
- Drives understanding of key customer needs and monitors process capabilities
- Reports project implementation, cost and status to appropriate person
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering and/or Science discipline from an accredited university
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Industrial, and Chemical Engineering; Master's degree a distinct plus
- Minimum of three (3) years working within a manufacturing and/or process engineering environment
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with DMAIC and Business Excellence
- Minimum of three (3) years working with cross-functional teams
- Minimum of three (3) years experience with Minitab
- Demonstrated strength in engineering/technical skills
- Self starter/self directed that leads with high energy and passion
- Proven track of continuous process improvement
- Effective facilitation, communication and teaching skills
- Ability to engage and influence the organization
- Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints
- Ability to understand and apply analytical and statistics tools
- Results oriented with strong process and execution skills
: Aberdeen, SDTravel:
May include up to 15% [domestic/international]Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.