Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Examine varied production, operations, or business processes in order to assess efficiency and diagnose bottlenecks, obstacles, or other inefficiencies. Develop and conduct group process within office or business unit in order to surface and document operating procedures. Follow six sigma methodology including DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) and DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) to assess and characterize operating procedures and suggest alternatives, as well as to engage participants and obtain commitment to modification of procedures.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with business unit or production unit to assess (and document) current operating procedures in larger or more complex operating environments. May work with customers or supply chain whose processes interact with the organization's processes.
- Confer with business leaders or champions of changes in the unit's operating procedures regarding assessment of the unit's productivity and relative efficiency. May advise less experienced six sigma colleagues on steps in consultative process.
- Use six sigma methodology (Design, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) to assess current operating procedures and envision future state.
- Facilitate/lead group process among groups' members and leadership to surface issues and to gain insight into current operating procedures and buy in into changes in procedures.
- Confer with Lean Six Sigma colleagues to train in advanced concepts and methods, or to evaluate course of intervention they are engaged in.
- Develop training module and build infrastructure based on corporate standards.
- Share learnings with Lean Six Sigma staff and appropriate management.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Black Belt or Green Belt Certification (strongly preferred)
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Agile experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated, successful experience in analyzing, designing and implementing Lean Six Sigma process improvement projects that delight customers.
- Experience collaborating with various business partners at all levels of the organization to identify opportunities for creating operating efficiencies and then successfully implementing changes.
- Strong ability and track record of managing a variety of projects and tasks with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to move projects to completion without additional Lean Six Sigma professionals in direct support.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification from a recognized certifying body is strongly preferred.
- Strong preference for candidates with Mortgage, Banking, Financial Services, or Healthcare industry experience.
- Proficiency in Minitab and Microsoft Office required.
- Design for Lean Six Sigma Certification and/or Design Thinking is a strong plus.
- Travel up to 25% required.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.