Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (Job Number: 020472)
Corporate Office - 106 WILMOT RD
106 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Leads change by engaging business leaders and all Walgreens team members to adopt Lean Six Sigma as our way of doing business. Provides expert coaching and training on the full range of Lean Six Sigma tools, methods and concepts. Partners with Walgreens leaders to develop and execute plans to deploy Lean Six Sigma to exceed business objectives. Delivers significant improvement in business results and establishes Lean Six Sigma as enterprise strength. Job Responsibilities
- Leader of change - drives a culture of customer focus, data-driven decision making, ownership of processes and operational metrics, and continuous improvement. Engages all employees (business leaders to team members) to adopt Walgreens Lean Six Sigma (WLSS) concepts, tools and methods.
- Deliver financial improvement (cost/waste reduction, cash flow improvement, revenue enhancement), defect reduction and cycle time improvement. Uses WLSS to delight customers profitably.
- Partner with leaders, providing support, tools and training to effectively deploy WLSS for their Business Unit/Shared Services Unit or program including:
- Identification, prioritization, execution, meaningful review and replication of projects linked to operating and strategic objectives
- Recruitment, development and placement of Champions, Black Belts and Green Belts
- Deploying metrics and process management to hold project gains, pursue data-driven daily management, and to call out opportunities for improvement
- Holding periodic, focused reviews with business leadership to assess progress, status and issues in achieving program goals
- Mentor Champions, Black Belts and Green Belts to effectively apply WLSS in projects and daily work to deliver business results. Provides expert coaching on the full range of Lean Six Sigma tools, methods and concepts for process improvement, design and ongoing daily management for a range of stakeholders. Provides focused coaching for the development of Belts' technical, change management and team/project management capabilities.
- Lead complex, strategic projects (cross-functional, cross Business Unit/Shared Service Unit) and facilitates Workouts, Kaizens/complex project sessions.
- Delivers Lean Six Sigma training including: Black Belt, Champion, Green Belt and other components of a fully-deployed Lean Six Sigma curriculum.
- As a member of the corporate WLSS team, play a key role in developing the infrastructure for the enterprise-wide deployment including: development and customization of training, certification standards, project tracking, financial tracking, best practice diffusion, benchmarking of industry best practices, etc.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 8 years of experience in process improvement or High School Diploma/GED and at least 11 years of experience in process improvement.
- Required Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification or equivalent. (details, if equivalent, describe)
- At least 3 years of experience as a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt.
- Experience coaching more than 20 Black Belt projects from initiation to successful completion.
- Experience teaching Lean Six Sigma tools, methods and concepts at the Black Belt level.
- Experience partnering with business leaders to deploy Lean Six Sigma
- Experience delivering business results as a project leader.
- Experience presenting to business leadership teams and senior leadership.
- Experience facilitating and leading teams.
- At least 4 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or MBA.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma deployment start-ups.
- Project experience in at least one of the following Industries Retail, Healthcare, Insurance and/or Billing.
- Project experience in at least one of the following Functions: Retail Operations, Supply Chain - Distribution, Information Technology/e-Commerce, enabling functions (HR, Legal, Finance...), Marketing/Merchandising and/or Call/Contact Centers.
- Line leadership experience in industries/functions, above.
- Experience developing and executing strategic, enterprise level initiatives/programs.
- Experience in the DMAIC core methods and tools of Lean Six Sigma.
- Experience in the Lean core methods and tools of Lean Six Sigma.
- Experience in the DFSS core methods and tools of Lean Six Sigma.
- Experience in the Business Process Management core methods and tools of Lean Six Sigma.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.