Certified Black Belts who lead a portfolio of Lean Six Sigma/Process Improvement projects using the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) methodology and coach Belts. Responsible for leading change by engaging Champions, team members and stakeholders to deliver performance improvement using Lean Six Sigma tools, methods and concepts. May also scope improvement opportunities as well as deliver basic Lean Six Sigma training to introduce team members and leaders to Walgreens Lean Six Sigma and for belts through the Green Belt level. This job can be a developmental role on a career path to the Master Black Belt position.Job Responsibilities
- Leads a portfolio of Lean Six Sigma DMAIC projects or more complex projects and/or programs to deliver business results which may include cost reduction, cash flow improvement, revenue enhancement, defect reduction, and cycle time improvement working with a long term perspective to meet customer's needs.
- Coaches and develops Green Belts (and other Belts) to execute Lean Six Sigma projects successfully and attain and then maintain certification, as well as, applying Lean Six Sigma in daily work.
- Leads workshops and kaizen events to bring together cross-functional teams to identify opportunities and achieve targeted performance improvement in a compressed timeframe within the context of projects and standalone, for targeted processes.
- Drives a culture of customer focus, data-driven decision-making, ownership of processes and operational metrics and continuous improvement, formulating guidelines which promote leadership and collaboration.
- Engages champions, process owners, team members and stakeholders to deliver performance improvement using Lean Six Sigma tools, methods and concepts, while providing leadership and advice on these technical areas.
- Delivers basic Lean Six Sigma training to introduce team members to Walgreens Lean Six Sigma and for belts through the Green Belt level.
- Establishes capabilities in other toolsets and methodologies related to DMAIC, such as, Design for Lean Six Sigma (DFLSS), Process Management, Statistical Process Control, Strategy Deployment/Hoshin, Change Management, and Project Management, which support the business strategy.
- Identifies, scopes, and prioritizes improvement opportunities linked to the company's operating and strategic objectives and leads teams in the process.
- Plays a role in facilitating the effectiveness of the enterprise-wide deployment including: active participation in the Community of Practice, development and customization of training, certification standards, project tracking, financial tracking, best practice diffusion, benchmarking of industry best practices, and other duties to enable the success of Walgreens Lean Six Sigma.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 years of experience in a business role with engagement in process improvement activities, including facilitating teams and project analysis OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of experience in in a business role with engagement in process improvement activities, including facilitating teams and project analysis.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- At least 5 DMAIC projects completed with proof of success or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience in process improvement.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience leading and creating high-performing teams and championing change.
- Experience with data analysis, statistical analysis and effective graphical display of data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions and experience with statistical and mapping software, such as Minitab.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- At least 1 year of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Engineering, MBA Degree
- Experience coaching at least 5 Green Belt projects from initiation to successful completion and experience teaching Lean Six Sigma tools, methods and concepts at the Green Belt level.
- Experience, skills and/or certifications in other toolsets/ methodologies related to DMAIC such as Design for Lean Six Sigma (DFLSS), Process Management, Statistical Process Control, Strategy Deployment/Hoshin, Change Management, and Project Management).
- Certified Project Management Professional.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.