Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Lean/ Continuous Improvement Manager (ABS Manager) to be responsible for organizing, planning, implementing and following through on Arconic Business Systems (ABS) and continuous improvement initiatives established by Arconic's Lean Manufacturing approach, designed to improve on-time delivery, productivity, quality and cost. The ABS Manager will ensure that all aspects of the manufacturing and operations process run efficiently and in a timely manner in order to maximize the fullest potential of the plant, all equipment, and the staff in order to yield the highest rate of return of our assets. The position is located in the AFSR aerospace forging plant in Rochester, NY.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) holds the number one global market position in aerospace fastening systems and rings, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our rings and high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,500 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Creation and management of Standard Work Instructions
- Utilize Continuous Improvement through Employee engagement in ideas and implementation
- Develop metrics and dashboard measures designed to include the entire plant population in both understanding of key performance indicators and necessary actions to improve KPI's
- Utilize improvement tools including A-3's, Ishikawa diagrams, Visual Management Boards, Daily Management Activities
- Work with Accounting to tie improvement activities to DI's (cost saving initiatives)
- Teach all ABS fundamentals to internal customers
- Review and aid in development of Hoshin plans
- Coach and support at the Center of Excellence
- Coach weekly Problem Solving Teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong Project Management skills
- Proficient with Windows and MS Office Suite
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Strong facilitation and training skills to deliver Lean Manufacturing concepts, principles and practices.
- Must have strong team building skills and the ability to facilitate team-based initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, business process improvement knowledge, and ability to train others with diverse backgrounds and education levels.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience facilitating and managing Lean Manufacturing programs
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering, from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of TPS principles
- Experience managing 5S programs
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certified
- Advanced project management skills
- Proficiency with Minitab