The Lean Specialist is an onsite partner supporting the Field Lean Champion with the deployment, sustainment and education of Lean within a DC. Responsible for the execution of Lean programs by ensuring SPINs are captured, completed and monitored for aging. Assists with closing the communication loop by sharing the outcome of all SPINS with the site. Assists with posting visual displays and generating metrics to support the site's Lean program. Assist with Kaizen events to improve processes and deepen team member understanding of Lean. Assists with GEMBA walks, and monitors the effectiveness of MDI/Tier meetings; makes improvement recommendations. Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Assists the Field Lean Champion in managing the SPIN program through collecting SPIN forms and collaborating with other departments, such as Maintenance, Safety, and Operations, to implement countermeasures.
- Attends Tier 1 meetings to assess execution and thoroughness of Lean content.
- Assists with capturing, compiling and making GEMBA walk information actionable.
- Assists with Kaizen events to improve processes and deepen TM knowledge of Lean.
- Assists with the completion of Quarterly Lean GAP Assessments
- Engages with TMs and Operations to assist in identifying waste and executing to eliminate waste
- Partners with the Field Lean Champion to train/coach operations on basic problem solving tools such as 5 Why, Fishbone, FMEA and Takt Time.
- Ensures front line managers are completing all tasks necessary to enable their teams to meet and exceed department goals.
- May assist in leading training as directed by the Field Lean Champion
- Assists in Lean deployment programs through making recommendation for process improvement and efficiency.
- Assists with tracking the progress, milestones, savings, and other key aspects of projects that are active on a regular basis.
- Associate's Degree and experience in a lead/coaching role in a distribution or production environment. OR High School diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience in a lead/coaching position (i.e., distribution or production environment) OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 1year of experience in a Walgreens distribution center.
- Experience with Lean tools and techniques such as Kaizen, 5 Why, process mapping and Walgreens' DC Lean Modules 1-3.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- At least 1 year of Lean experience in manufacturing or logistics environment.
- Experience in providing training and developing Lean process documentation/user manuals.
- At least 1 year of Project Management experience or at least 1 year of experience leading high-performing work teams.
- Experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.