Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of the Lean Management Office (LMO), the Lean Strategic Consultant will support the global adoption of Lean at State Street, a customized program unique in the industry. The incumbent will serve as a subject matter expert for complex business analyses, quantitative analytics, and operations design and implications. The Lean Strategic Consultant will apply knowledge of operational processes to Strategy and Optimization initiatives and will assume overall responsibility for leading, conducting, strategizing, and communicating high-level quantitative and strategic analysis for the various Model (Operation, Service, Interaction), Workload Balancing, Risk Mitigation and Process Improvement initiatives. The incumbent will devote particular focus on helping to lead analysis on available data sets quickly and accurately to develop solutions for a variety of complex business challenges. Specific duties include:
- Supports Lean program strategy, implementation and education to drive global adoption; driving program activities, developing strong relationships with business areas, creating status reports and managing risks and issues
- Actively participates on Lean Design engagements and initiatives (e.g. operating model design, end to end process reviews, risk and controls assessments and consulting engagements); leading some smaller engagements to deliver on stated objectives
- Supports communication and training program development; producing consistent corporate wide messaging and developing training content for classroom, webinar, and eLearning delivery
- Effectively communicates complex, conceptual information verbally and in writing, exercising tact, appropriately adjusting communications when interacting with varying levels in the organization, and projecting a leadership presence when interacting with all levels of management and clients
- Supports the building and maintaining of strategic partnerships with senior leaders that drive the creation of a diverse pipeline of engagements, training, coaching and mentoring
- Actively promotes Lean across State Street (e.g. engaging in discussions with senior leaders, presenting at Town Halls and all staff meetings, participating in forums and panels, etc.)
- Trains, coaches and mentors business area staff in Lean principles and tools to drive significant business impact and culture change and to support continuous improvement
- Manages multiple priorities through to completion under tight deadlines, anticipate and manage through critical issues, effectively collaborating in the midst of ambiguity and tension, and realign priorities and deliverables to ensure milestones and targets are achieved
- Supports the design of the target state vision in partnership with senior business leaders and stakeholders
- Manages and performs analysis to define transformation design and business impact and support client recommendations
- Develops complex data models (e.g. workload balancing, baselining)
- Anticipates, monitors, actively manages and reports all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
Qualifications Education and Experience requirement:
Special skills, knowledge or certification/licensure required for position (not preferred):
- Bachelor degree (Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance or Engineering preferred)
- 6-8 years of experience in financial services, with at least 3 years of experience related to operations and/or technology process transformation
- Solid understanding of operations processes especially custody and accounting services across back and middle office functions and/or corporate functions processes (State Street experience a plus)
- Key contributor on transformational, global Lean Design Waves, with proven strategic business impact (e.g. 10% staffing efficiency savings, 10% run rate savings post-merger/acquisition, etc.)
- Demonstrated skill in effectively communicating complex, conceptual information verbally and in writing, exercising tact, appropriately adjusting communications when interacting with varying levels in the organization, and projecting a leadership presence when interacting with all levels of management and clients
- Must be a strong MS Excel user preferably with advanced skills in financial and spreadsheet modeling, scenario analysis, and other quantitative and strategic analyses. Experience with the organizing and manipulating large volumes of data, building and using advanced macros/pivot tables/v- and h-lookups, and blending rigorous quantitative analysis with qualitative insights from business lines
- Proven experience developing and producing metrics-driven management reporting, with demonstrated ability to appropriately work with and safeguard confidential / private information
- Proven experience driving communications and training programs, with demonstrated ability to develop training content for classroom, webinar, and eLearning delivery
- External client-facing experience is a plus
- Agile and / or BPM experience a plus
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.