Inside Sales US Learning & Delivery Specialist: Technical
The role will be based in Dallas, Texas
Are you passionate about transforming how our Inside Sales teams engage customers and beat the competition? Have you been a high-performance technical seller or technical learning specialist in an inside sales environment? Are you now ready to help impact our inside sales business with speed and agility? If so, your next career move is with Inside Sales as a Center Technical Learning & Delivery Specialist! We are seeking an Inside Sales Center Technical Learning Specialist who supports the growth of the Inside Sales team members in our US Site, by delivering and facilitating technical training and readiness on our Azure service offerings, specifically in the areas of “Applications & Infrastructure” and “Data and Artificial Intelligence”. The role also pertains to training the supporting resources that will prepare them in their role to offer a world-class customer experience.
Inside Sales is a cutting-edge inside sales team focused on evolving and executing new sales and marketing models. With an "all-hands-on-deck" approach, the responsibilities are broad and interesting. You will work in a high-energy environment to deliver innovation and value to Microsoft sellers within a fast-paced, “start-up” like environment.
The role will be based in Dallas, Texas
• Work across Inside Sales Corporate Teams and global sites, and in partnership with Worldwide Learning & Readiness team to identify, prioritize, and land world-class technical readiness solutions for our sellers to help them deliver great customer outcomes and exceed revenue targets.
• Deliver site-based new hire onboarding technical readiness utilizing globally consistent Worldwide Learning & Readiness curriculum and process.
• Drive ongoing technical skills development and readiness, through periodic group and daily 1:1 sessions, across sales teams to ensure real-time and relevant knowledge of services and solutions.
• Provide daily call shadowing, coaching and mentoring to technical sellers communicating with our customers based on observations and outcomes of calls/emails etc.
• Guide sellers through the effective use of the Microsoft Digital Seller portal, and help them in their pursuit and attainment of certifications.
• Lead the assessment and certification of sellers and managers, track site seller teams’ progress against ongoing learning, readiness and certification plans.
• Assist with issue resolution on product/technical questions our sellers may have, thus facilitating their personal growth and the effectiveness of the team more broadly.
• Capture technical capability needs, design, build and publish inside sales readiness assets and measure results to ensure needs have been met & act as the go-to for learning support for all team members.
• Provide innovative thinking to continuously evolve how we develop and deliver high quality readiness at scale with speed for Inside Sales in partnership with Worldwide Learning & Readiness
• Build outstanding relationships with Inside Sales Leadership, sellers and role owners and with Worldwide Readiness
• Actively participate in, and contribute to, the Inside Sales global learning specialist community by sharing resources, key learnings and best practices.
• Consult with local centre leadership team to help influence technical development plans, and share with broader L&D team for Global consistency
• Engage Microsoft Corporate Subject Matter Experts to deliver readiness updates on new product/solutions offering andoffers.
This position will report to the Global L&D Specialist Manager based in EMEA.
• 4+ years of product/technical/licensing/industry training, facilitation and coaching experience
• 4+ years of experience in Technical Sales, Inside Sales, Technical pre-sales, or similar
• In-depth technical knowledge of and ability to demo Microsoft cloud products including, but not limited to: Microsoft Azure services such as:
Application and Infrastructure Data and Analytics
Azure Virtual Machines Microsoft SQL Server offerings
Azure Storage Solutions Azure SQL Database
Azure App Service Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Azure SQL Database Azure Machine Learning
Connectivity Solutions (VPN & ExpressRoute) Azure IOT Solutions
Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery Other Azure Data Services
with the potential to cross cover other team members for training on other Microsoft Cloud offerings such as Office365 and Dynamics 365.
• Strong communications skills – specifically around explaining the business value Microsoft Azure services and solutions based on them.
• A strong passion for sales, technology and delivering world-class customer service.
• Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills – this role is unusual in that it demands both deep technical knowledge and the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and simplify concepts. Either one of these in isolation is unlikely to be sufficient to be a successful candidate.
• Flexibility, teamwork and a positive attitude is a must.
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills required
• BA/BS degree and work experience in a relevant field (e.g. computer science, engineering).Some travel required for delivery and development.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.