We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Analyzes, designs, develops, delivers and evaluates learning and performance improvement solutions to enhance competencies and effec tiveness of management/advanced level learning audiences which address current and future business goals of the organization. Partners with other areas in designing and delivering learning and performance improvement solutions. Responsible for learners' success in achieving learning objectives. Responsible for business results generated through learning and performance improvement solutions and tools (instructor-led (classroom and virtual), e-learning, job aids, coaching, learning management systems and other learning technologies). Essential Job Functions
- Generate ideas for innovative, scalable learning solutions focused on developing employees across the enterprise in strategically significant skills and behaviors.
- Curate easy to use, impactful, learning materials into relevant topical collections or as the basis for topic driven experiences.
- In collaboration with the Learner Experience and
- Technology team, recommend technology solutions that drive a personalized learning experience for Farmers employees.
- I dentify ways to create faster adoption and improve the impact of professional development solutions.
- Assists in conducting needs analysis for projects of all levels of complexity.
- Performs needs assessment to identify learning needs and performance gaps for projects of intermediate complexity for audiences up to and including management/advanced level learners.
- Contributes to designing learning for projects of all levels of complexity.
- Leads projects of intermediate to high complexity to design learning solutions for management/advanced audiences, using adult learning practices and technologies appropriate to the needed outcome.
- Establishes controls and measures for the effectiveness of the learning and performance improvement solutions and materials.
- Acts as program owner and administrator for moderately complex learning and performance improvement solutions; responsible for developing and meeting delivery and implementation requirements and deadlines.
- Employs varied learning delivery techniques and/or technologies on complex content for management/advanced level audiences and adapts delivery style to drive learner performance.
- Provides feedback to participants during application of knowledge, skills and attitudes. Maintains design and content of established learning solutions.
- Provides feedback to the design team on solutions’ effectiveness in changing behavior and achieving business results.
- Makes recommendations on modifications to solution design and content.
- Assists with measurement and evaluation of all learning and performance solutions. Performs evaluation of complex learning solutions for management/advanced audiences. Develops recommendations based on findings. Coaches newer learning professionals. Coaches employees up to and including management level on personal and professional development.
- Partners with business unit(s) to identify specific areas of deficiency in overall business results.
- Recommends the development of appropriate performance solutions to correct. Escalates as needed.
- Utilizes, maintains, researches and/or recommends basic to advanced learning technology tools.
- Provides technical support for learners and other facilitators as needed.
- Recommends emerging and current trends in technology for application to support business objectives.
- Supports organizational knowledge management infrastructure.
- Interfaces with vendors.
- Assists and serves as project team member on department and corporate projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, bending, talking, and hearing. Physical Environment
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment. Ability to travel. Education Requirements
Four-year college degree; appropriate insurance/learning designations; attainment of any applicable licenses within 6 months of hire. Experience Requirements
Special Skill Requirement
- 3+ years of experience in building scalable Enterprise Development Solutions.
- Experience working with Cornerstone on Demand preferred.
- Applied knowledge in Learning and Development areas, such as adult learning, instructional design, leadership models, needs analysis, learning measurement, leadership assessments, organization development, and team facilitation is required.
Personal computer skills; A/V familiarity Strong communication and presentation skills Appropriate learning technology skills An Equal Opportunity Employer
A little about us: