Job Description: Program Leader/Instructional Designer Is This For You?
Are you tired of working in a corporate environment that doesn't value the work of instructional designers? Do you want to finally be able to turn all of those great ideas you have into tangible results that make a difference? Do you want to have the choice to also present and teach courses if given the opportunity? Are you adept at project management? If that's the case, Johnson Controls Inc (JCI) has an amazing opportunity for you!
Your challenge, if you wish to accept it, will be to create innovative and sound instructional materials that improve and support the performance of the organization. You will do this by working collaboratively with colleagues and vendors, immersing yourself in this fascinating business, bringing creativity and hard work to every project you do, and being open to learning new skills and technologies every single day. Does this sound like you? If so, keep reading! What Impact Would You Have?
Everyone wants to feel like they're having an impact. In this position, you absolutely will. You will have the opportunity to:
How Would You Accomplish This?
- Impact people from around the world as a part of a global team creating stimulating ways to help others improve their performance at work.
- Investigate new opportunities and develop effective training that is impactful and inventive.
- Align your ingenuity and innovative ideas with the global strategic plan of the business.
- Learn on a day to day basis about how our equipment and strategies work to conserve energy and protect our environment.
Job Qualifications:What Are We Looking For?
- Analyze business needs and directly link performance outcomes to the business metrics
- Use your strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of SMEs and internal customers.
- Design intuitive and creative learning or performance support tools.
- Develop training with an emphasis on innovative E-learning that could be used globally.
- Apply what you know about adult learning and share what you learn along the way with the rest of the team.
- Use strong project management skills in developing outcomes that positively impact the business.
- Work very closely with team members who will develop your designs.
- Act as an internal consultant to combine multiple perspectives into holistic solutions that maximize the impact to the business.
- Create and support a strong global team environment.
- Be a driver for learning standards and quality outcomes.
- Participate in organizational development exercises including strategic planning, group facilitation, team building, and systems analysis.
- Maintain current knowledg e of trends and issues in instructional design and training.
- Understand technology in order to effectively design your learning and performance support tools.
- Effectively manage a blended learning program in which relationship building and communication are critical with participants and SMEs alike.
- Evaluate program participants through interaction, observation, simulation and testing.
- Communicate strengths and opportunities with participants and managers.
Technical - JCI's portfolio of products is complex, so we need someone who is quick to grasp how building environments are created and business lines organized. Don't worry, we'll help you with that!
Educated - Holds a Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Education, or something along those lines. A Master's Degree would be fantastic!
Creative - Can look at a project and find alternatives.
Flexible - Can change course if needed.
Cutting Edge - Isn't limited by what's out there today and is constantly looking for what is next.
Detailed - Realizes the importance of details in leading to impactful outcomes.
Collaborative - Collaborates with other IDs, vendors, program managers, and more people in the business than we can count.
Ambitious - Willing to assume authority, take risks, and set clear goals for career development.
Professional - Has personal ethics, does quality work and has a positive attitude.
Articulate - Your writing and communication skills must be strong.
If you've read this entire job ad and are excited, we want you to go through the application process ASAP. Feel free to include the reasons why you'd be a great fit for this position, and what you think you would add to our talented team.
Instructional designer, project manager, curriculum developer, curriculum development, learning consultant, learning architect, program manager
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.