Learning & Development Specialist
Location: Panama City, Florida
Posted: January 21, 2017
Reference ID: 444288813
-Conducts policy, procedural, system, and special training programs to meet business needs.
-Develops a systematic approach to implementing training programs for effectiveness and streamlining to established policies and procedures.
-All training programs should consistently drive results aligned with the business strategies and goals.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
40% Designs and develops training outlines, job aids, manuals and other training related materials in collaboration with subject matter experts based on identified goals and objectives. Designs and develops structured training sessions for operational, compliance, and system skills for front line
20% Develops and maintains a training mentor program working with all departments to enhance
employee learning and development. Ensures all policies and procedures are maintained/updated
within the learning management software and that all training endeavors adhere to the published policies/procedures.
20% Designs and develops training of assigned special projects and serves as project team member liaison when necessary.
10% Designs and conducts post training evaluations and assessments to solicit employee feedback and to ensure that training objectives are being met. Evaluates and recommends improvements about training programs to ensure program effectiveness for all employees. Coordinates with
management for follow up training or cross training programs, and develops action plans to
enhance employee skills.
5% Ensures training rooms are maintained and all equipment is in working order. Coordinates
utilization of onsite training rooms, equipment and special needs relating to training.
5% Ensure compliance with all regulatory programs including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control Program and Customer Identification Program. Assists other department personnel and performs other duties as assigned.
1. Ensures training is complete and consistent, utilizing the training materials and published policies and procedures as established guidelines.
2. Evaluates department mentors and makes recommendations for improvments and enhancements.
3. Maintains an advanced understanding of Credit Union products, services, policies and procedures, as well an understanding of the Credit Union's mission.
4. Relates any problems in training effectiveness to management, making recommendations to resolve them.
5. Develops recommendations for cost efficiencies and enhancements to products, pricing and processes by
monitoring training trends.
6. Provides friendly, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
7. Completes required annual BSA/AML and Red Flags training with a passing grade of 80% or higher.
Knowledge and Skills:
-Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
-A two year college degree OR Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school OR Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training
or apprenticeship program.
-A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and
tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or
sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside
contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies
and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
-Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer skills necessary. Advanced research
abilities. Experience with Captivate and FSPro software a plus
Three years to five years of similar or related experience.