Morgan Stanley Wealth Management is the global leader in wealth management with a pproximately 800 offices and 16,000 Financial Advisors in the United States. Our Financial and Private Wealth Advisors deliver tailored solutions to fit individual investment objectives, risk tolerance and liquidity needs. We provide individuals, families, businesses and institutions with a wide variety of financial services: brokerage and investment advice, financial and wealth planning, banking and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, retirement and trust services.
• Join a team that manages manager training throughout the US
• Support the head of experienced manager development in the execution of leadership development programs for multiple groups of field managers including but not limited to:
o Written and verbal communication/marketing about the program
o Agenda development/formatting in conjunction with a business expert
o Speaker management - confirming speaking dates/times; gathering session descriptions, compiling bios/photos, collecting presentations
o Invitee List management, tracking and reporting
o Material development (binders, handouts, surveys, action plans, etc)
o On-site management of the meeting
• Work directly with senior management on the development and execution of leadership development events; sharing creative ideas and suggestions for consistent improvements
• Manage event budgets ensuring efficiencies and streamlining while still delivering a cutting-edge event
• Manage relationships with external vendors on speaker selection, technology enhancements, printing options and custom offerings to enhance our programs
• Liaise with our events marketing group on development of invitation websites and execution of all hotel, audio-visual, and on-site event logistics
• Manage special projects as they arise in conjunction with Firm initiatives
• Create and update Power Point presentations for senior management on behalf of the team to highlight accomplishments, explain training details or outline budget requests
• Bachelors' degree required; minimum of 3-4 years of business experience; financial industry experience a plus; meeting/event industry experience a plus
• Must be able to work closely with the team and also manage projects independently
• Candidate should be client- service oriented, highly organized, and technologically savvy. The ability to interact with a variety of personalities and to multitask in a fast paced environment is critical
• The ideal candidate will take initiative, maintain high standards of professional conduct and exercise good business judgment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
• Must be very experienced with Excel to manage attendee tracking spreadsheets and financial advisor data reports. Experience with V-look-ups is a plus.
• Must have excellent computer skills; proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Adaptable to change
• Some domestic travel required (10-15%)
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.