About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description The Learning Business Partner II is the key strategic learning partner and advisor for a complex, diverse, multi-business portfolio of North American and/or global businesses, accountable to enable the creation, delivery and measurement of comprehensive learning solutions aligned to strategic business priorities, capability needs and support the resolution of critical business issues.
The group works with HR business partners and senior business leaders to provide forward-thinking analysis, recommendations, and implementation strategies to address operating model and organization design needs to enable business strategy and sustained performance. Job Requirements • Strong consulting skills anchored in problem solving with a solid background working with synthesis of qualitative data, conducting analyses, interpreting results, and writing reports/presentations; external consulting experience would be an asset
• Acts as a strategic business partner and advisor with business leaders and operates in alignment with HR leaders for a complex, diverse, multi-business portfolio of North American and/or global businesses ; proactively develops learning and talent development strategies that align with business and HR strategy and objectives
• Articulates and champions the value of L&D to the business and works in partnership with business leaders and HR leaders to develop integrated talent development solutions with effective execution strategies
• Acts as the primary point of contact and strategic learning partner to business leaders, ensuring that an integrated, streamlined learning approach and solution are delivered
• Participates in business planning and Line of Business projects and initiatives, as it relates to identifying performance outcomes and learning needs
• Identifies the strategic learning needs and performance outcomes by conducting needs analysis and confirming business requirements, engagement and sustainment, to support the creation of learning solutions
• Acts as an advisor to the Centers of Excellence, by validating the development, delivery and measurement of L&D solutions
• Provides performance consultancy to determine learning needs of the business and defines associated impact measurement strategy
• Engages L&D Center of Excellence to ensure agreed solutions are developed on time and on budget
• Defines launch strategy and owns communication strategy for learning solutions
• Trusted business partner with deep, multi-business, organizational and L&D acumen who proactively provides advice and counsel to HR and business partners on broad, integrated talent and learning solutions to address key business priorities and issues. Qualifications • Bachelor's degree required and relevant Learning & Development certification would be an asset
• 5-7 years of experience in Learning & Development; group/unit people leadership an asset
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning
• Understands the bank, the industry, and the customer/client
• Demonstrated strategic thinking
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of L&D and adult learning principles; subject matter expert in conducting needs analysis, and the development of an integrated talent and learning solutions
• Ability to engage the business in understanding and optimizing the value of learning and development
• Ability to perform thorough needs analysis at the project, team and organizational level
• Ability to integrate business strategy into the design and development of a learning and talent strategy
• Ability to build and maintain inclusive, strategic relationships with stakeholders
• Ability to think both strategically and creatively in order to recommend learning solutions that support the interests of the business and the employee experience
• Ability to work effectively in an ever changing and fast past environment requiring ongoing re-evaluation of priorities
• Ability to keep Shareholder interests in view and manage business leadership expectations
• Excellent negotiating, leadership, influencing and presentation skills at the executive level
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with leaders at all levels and other stakeholders internal and external to the organization.
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
• Highly-developed communication skills (verbal and written) Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Maine City (Primary) Portland ProvState 2 Massachusetts City(s) 2 Boston ProvState 3 New Jersey City(s) 3 Mount Laurel ProvState 4 New York City(s) 4 New York
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.