Manager, Learning Operations is responsible for working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), business partners, practice leads, learning management office team, instructional designers, developers and LMS curricula team to develop and deliver on adult learning strategies. Analyze, design and implement training strategies, design documents (outlines, storyboard, script writing, and assessments), eLearning, instructor-led solutions, facilitator/participant guides, train the train (TTT) materials, and adhere to basic adult learning principles as well as provide consultative services. Additional responsibilities include testing course functionality; designing, implementing and managing maintenance plans, making updates to courses and training materials based on post assessment feedback. This role ensures that high-quality, innovative, timely, and effective learning solutions are delivered that integrate various training modalities and utilize learning management system.
The Learning Operations Manager will have a primary area of focus from the list below but will be expected to be flexible and adaptable in order to meet the needs of the R&D organization:
- Therapeutic area and disease projects supporting the portfolio and execution of clinical trials.
- Drug Development activities to include scientific lectures, drug development curriculum development and maintenance, university related programs as well as designing and implementing new activities related to drug development
- Systems based projects (Clinical, Data, Medical, Operations, Regulatory and other) that includes partnering with IT as well as with providing innovative solutions to technology based projects
- Transformational organization projects to lead efforts in the development, recommendation for change, technological innovation and continuous improvement projects
- Regional trainer/coach program analysis, design, implement and support for process and technology
- Quality and compliance based training (analysis and design) aligned to R&D policies & procedures Responsibilities:
- Provide adult education expertise, guidance and consultation to determine training needs, strategies and requirements for clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to “think outside of the box” to design new and innovative approaches in training designs, incorporating state of the art learning technologies and methodologies and evaluating the latest trends.
- Ability to adapt, with minimal direction, training solutions to meet short term project needs while maintaining a plan for a long term sustainable solution that incorporates a portfolio view (“big picture”).
- Lead or contribute to the strategic planning of projects and initiatives by researching, recommending and determining curriculum, resource requirements and best methods for training, including the delivery format (i.e. classroom, video, eLearning, simulation, social, mobile, gaming etc.)
- Identify and implement appropriate and innovative instructional design approaches (traditional and eLearning storyboarding) that align with best practices, using approaches for addressing skill gaps and behavior change and improving employee performance (competencies and proficiency levels)
- Apply adult learning principles and a planning and evaluation process to meet the identified training needs of clients and stakeholders
- Develop training methodologies, material, and course content, tools and products (i.e. manuals, user guides, presentations, reports, storyboards etc.)
- Develop and implement evaluation processes and creates assessment activities and tools to identify areas of strength and weakness, and ensure training and professional development approaches are effective and achieve desired results
- Develop, identify and recommend strategies for ongoing learning transfer of knowledge in consideration of sustainability and operational needs
- Anticipate future training needs, resources (budget) and participates in the strategic planning for new initiatives
- Partner with and /or manage consultant/vendor resources as required for development of training solutions
- Establish priorities for curriculum and learning program revision (maintenance plan)
- Implement and manage post-training support (metrics & reports, updates, learning centers)
- Supplies data and manages portfolio management tool (e.g., Clarizen) data for all projects
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Pharmaceutical experience highly recommended. 5-6 years with adult learning principles, strong analysis skills, critical thinking skills, customer relationship and highly experienced in instructional design and project management.
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple priorities and projects in a dynamic, fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to lead to a matrix team and is a proven team-player.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Skilled in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and MS Project is a must. Skilled in Captivate and Storyline.
- Experience in the delivery of learning through various modalities (Instructor Led (classroom), virtual classroom, eLearning, social and mobile learning).
- Experience in Graphic Design, SharePoint and Change Management highly desired.
- Portfolio Concentration: Proven experience in partnering with medical and clinical operations teams to design & deliver robust innovative learning solutions aligned to portfolio priorities. Highly skilled in conducting needs analysis.
- Expertise in creating and maintaining agile training solutions that meet the evolving study designs, amendments and therapeutic area/program information.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.