Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Workday's Learning Management application provides a state-of-the-art foundation for modern learning and delivers unparalleled user experience for the learner and learning professional alike. It includes a rich set of features including catalog management, course scheduling, enrollment, grading and attendance, as well as rich tools for digital content creation, social learning, and the core requirements for compliance management and insight. The Workday Learning Product Management team in close collaboration with our customers drives the design of this revolutionary, learner-centric product. What a Product Manager (PM) does at Workday:
- Innovates: By combining a deep understanding of the learning domain, the ability to think analytically, and a passion for making a difference, the product manager designs products that enable users to spend less time consolidating data across different systems, requires minimal training, and is user friendly without sacrificing functionality and compliance.
- Collaborates: The product manager serves as a user-representative who can convey functional process requirements to technical audiences. Represents the product team in scrum meetings and drives product development through the entire life cycle. Provides our field services and sales teams with training and demos and at times provides presentations to prospective customers. Collaboration is the key to their success.
- Executes: Plans releases and sets roadmaps. Tracks and reports progress against key milestones. Ensures on-time and high-quality delivery of the product following agile principles and methodology.
- Makes Customers Happy: Keeps feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle. Liaises with relevant parties, including development, quality assurance, documentation, product support, etc., to facilitate the release process. Manages development related customer escalation when needed.
- Leads: Serves as the point of contact for internal teams such as consultants, production support, training, documentation and sales. Provides coaching, mentoring and support to staff on both technical and non-technical issues. Identifies and researches trends to contribute to product roadmap.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.