At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Learning Specialist
in Newark, DE,
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. Operations
at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Learning Specialist provides leadership in the application of learning solutions for GMP, technical, and job function training that are developed and delivered with appropriate elements of course design, presentation method, and learning management system (LMS) administration.
The Learning Management Systems Administrator is responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the site Learning Management System (LMS) to ensure employees are compliant with department training requirements. This position creates and maintains critical master data in the site and global learning management system. Systems related activities include ensuring database integrity and regulatory compliance; interfacing with various US and Global organizations to ensure the successful transfer of data from interfaced systems (e.g. TDMS); interfacing with employees across the site and all operations to provide ongoing customer support, learning consultation. Supports the site's train the trainer program; provides data in support of internal audits and regulatory agency (FDA, MHRA, Safety, Environment, etc.) questions involving the learning process, learning effectiveness, learning management system (LMS) and training documentation; and maintains a tracking and filing system that meets regulatory requirements. Training/Learning Processes
Learning Management System (LMS)
- Develops, implements, and manages learning solutions to support strategic objectives for the Newark Manufacturing site. Utilizes best-practice training methodologies to ensure training compliance with both regulatory and GXP Corporate Standards.
- Provides guidance to functional areas in the assessment of training needs. Uses training needs analysis tools to distinguish training issues from non-training issues, and designs training for performance outcomes.
- Works with subject matter experts to design, develop, and deliver cGMP, technical, business, and job function training (both classroom and e-learning) as needed
- Assists in the preparation and generation of training materials such as job-aids, training checklists, slide decks, voice-over presentations, etc.
- Supports department-specific training projects and site-wide training initiatives. Applies project management and organizational skills to coordinate all aspects of the project including resources, schedule, and budget. Facilitates the coordination and scheduling of resources for cross-functional and site wide learning events.
- Supports Instructional Design Activities
- Works with SOP owners/authors to identify impacted LMS roles and propose appropriate levels of training for SOP submissions.
- Supports the site on and off-boarding processes including New Employee Orientation by assigning new hire roles and courses in the LMS and removing site roles and courses when employees leave the site
- Assists site employees to complete training in the LMS (password reset, courses not launching, etc.)
- Takes ownership of key projects and/or process as assigned.
- Performs additional duties as required to support the department.
- Performs System Administrator activities for the site and global Learning Management System (LMS)
- Works with corporate and local IT and Technical Document Management groups to resolve issues.
- Monitors the interface between the LMS and the site Technical Document Management System (TDMS) ensuring that new and revised SOPs are aligned with the correct courses, certifications, roles, and jobs in the LMS.
- Interfaces with site Technical Document Analysts to ensure successful data transfer of SOPs with LMS system.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining LMS jobs, roles, certifications and courses in the Learning Management System based on structure determined by area leaders and/or Site Learning Lead.
- Enters training completion records for structured on-the-job training and other off-line training into the site LMS.
- Interfaces with HR and site leaders to coach managers in data accuracy for systems that interface with the LMS (e.g. Workday and Fieldglass)
- Conducts audits of LMS to monitor consistency and accuracy of jobs, roles, certifications, course entries, re-certifications, and compliance against site goals, as well as address and escalate inconsistency - including assisting with LMS validation change controls and upgrade activities. Monitors LMS usage and inquires to identify trends and improvements.
- Publishes standard training reports for operations areas regarding the status of job-specific training requirements.
- Furnishes data and supports of internal and regulatory agency audits and inspections.
- Interfaces with LMS users for training, reporting, inquiries, and issues. Coaches others on the successful use of the LMS.
- Coordinates annual review of department job and role curricula to ensure they are accurate and current.
- Manage the storage and retrieval of paper-training records in accordance with regulatory and AstraZeneca record retention policies.
- Regularly reviews and audits employee training files.
- Additional education/certificate above high school, preferably in related technical discipline.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a GMP or other regulated manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 3 years experience with Learning Management Systems or equivalent
- Knowledge of SOP and Change Control processes
- Working knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design, and a variety of learning methodologies.
- Proficient with internet and intranet usage
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office applications are required (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Project management, organization, and attention to detail skills required.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team and matrix environment and adapt to changing business needs.
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with all levels of management and employees
- Must demonstrate a high standard of professionalism and ownership/responsibility
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision in a customer focused team environment
Demonstrated ability to work accurately with attention to detail, meet schedules and timelines, and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Formal LMS training.
- Experience supporting a Training and Development Group.
- Instructional design experience and skills
- Experience working with a Knowledge management system in conjunction with an LMS.
- In-depth knowledge of adult learning theory.
Next Steps - Apply today! To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.