Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States About the Opportunity
This is a pivotal moment in the organization's story. We are embarking on a new era of growth, with learning at the center of all that we do. The opportunity for Learning Strategy Business leaders is distinctive and we are seeking someone who will elevate our capability, someone the team can learn from, who brings a forward-thinking attitude and background, while being able to balance new ideas with a pragmatic approach. We are seeking to add someone to our energetic L&D team who has the ambition to make impact and deliver significant value. Specific experiences that we are prioritizing for our new hire are commercial/sales excellence, and learning technology.
This role within the Talent Development team in the HR Center of Excellence will partner closely with business and HR leaders to define learning strategy, design curriculum and other learning experiences, deliver and measure training through multiple learning formats, and impact the organizational roadmap for learning at Owens Corning. We are a global business and you will have the opportunity to learn and drive our growing and evolving global learning strategy.
The Learning Strategy Business Leader provides a broad range of consultative services and is responsible for various phases of talent development. This leader conducts thorough needs assessments to proactively identify issues that impact learning and leadership development. This position is aligned with the business, and partners with leadership and HR to develop and execute a holistic learning and development portfolio to support the achievement of business results. S/he designs, implements and evaluates solutions to facilitate professional development and continuous learning. This position is responsible for transforming the learning and growth mindset at OC and embedding learning into the development process. The leader is also responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and scheduling training with outside vendors to ensure program quality, effectiveness, and competitive pricing.
This position reports to the Director of Leadership and Organization Development. Expected travel up to 30%.Responsibilities:
- Development of StrategyThe Learning Strategy Business Leader is responsible for influencing the learning and development strategy to ensure Owens Corning has the leadership capability to win with our customers and grow our people. This position will influence actions of the organization by effectively communicating an informed point of view on:
• External and internal environmental scans and the resulting implication for OC leadership
• Leadership capability building priorities
• Talent assessments
The L&D Leader will develop strategies that connect the interdependencies of talent acquisition, succession planning, performance management, learning management system, and leadership development.Metrics
- Development portfolio
- Individual development plans
- Talent assessments
- Strength of talent pipeline
- LMS effectiveness
- Business Learning strategy
The Learning Strategy Leader is accountable to execute the strategy with established HR standards. He/she will:
- Collaborate with business leaders to understand ongoing development needs and strive for continuous improvement of leadership and individual performance. Research and benchmark best practices in order to provide innovative solutions to develop leaders.
- Conduct data analysis resulting from talent processes to align initiatives with business objectives and strategies.
- Work with external vendors to assess talent development solutions/tools and provide recommendations for building leadership capabilities.
- Act as resource for intact team development: assess needs, design and implement interventions; provide ongoing coaching and consulting on team process and / or team facilitation.
- Partner with other HR functions to provide integrated and aligned solutions.
- Provide change leadership for LMS embedment, ensuring optimum functionality, timely maintenance, and maximum utilization. Design metrics to monitor success in these three categories.
- Transform the learning mindset by executing a strategy that leverages the full capabilities of LMS and connects employees to a wider variety of more impactful learning opportunities.
- Provide content ownership for People Leadership Fundamentals (PLF).
- Provide consultation to leaders, facilitate needs assessment review, and provide 'fit for purpose' solutions to address development needs.
- Business results
- Strength of talent pipeline
- Leadership capability
- LMS metrics
- PLF metrics
- Leading and Developing Talent
- Provide one-on-one coaching to leaders, in addition to facilitating team development training.
- Engage in the development of self to accelerate rate of performance and growth.
- Invest in accelerating the performance and development of identified talent in the organization.
- Provide thought leadership and influence management to deliver accelerated development for Leading at the Next Level and People Leadership Fundamentals participants.
- Utilize results from leadership assessments and 360 surveys to inform development portfolio.Metrics
- Team performance and rate of growth
- Business results
- Employee engagement
- Development portfolio
- Minimum seven (7) years of learning and development experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in large scale change management.
- Minimum five (5) years of consultancy experience.
- Cross-functional experience a plus.Knowledge and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of learning and development tools (ADDIE, instructional design, facilitation, leadership and behavioral theory and learning strategies).
- Business expertise. Brings a rigorous business orientation to the development agenda. Has the ability to integrate the behavioral sciences with the realities facing OC leaders in dynamic global markets.
- Ability to see the interdependencies between talent development, all areas of HR, business units and functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent management consultation skills and ability to manage relationships.
- Experience in identifying learning and development needs assessments.
- Relationship / Partnership Building - ability to work well with others with diverse backgrounds and at various organizational levels. High emotional intelligence.
- Problem Solving and Decision MakingPersonal Characteristics:
- Models the Owens Corning Leadership Capabilities for Growth
- Strong Intellect, with ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment. Quick study; able to handle complex matters with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details.
- Customer Orientation. Has an external (outside-in) orientation and understanding that all business opportunities start with knowledge of how to create value for a customer.
- Highly Ethical. Can be trusted to do only the "right thing" for the employees, shareholders, and others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity.
- Results Oriented. Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence.
- Consultative Approach. Conducts diagnosis and brings forth recommendations. Uncovers unmet or unarticulated needs in the business. Applies process consultation subject matter expertise.Education/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in business, instructional design, organizational development or related field)
- MBA or Master's degree in a related field strongly preferred
About Owens Corning
- Certifications are a plus:Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) by ASTD
Certified Performance Technologist (CPT) by ISPI
Assessments (Hogan, Raven, Watson Glaser, California Psychological Inventory, Coaching, Facilitation, etc.)
At Owens Corning, we strive every day to make the world a better place. For the most part, our products and industries did not exist until we invented them. Our product portfolio has advanced over the years, of course. The advances reflect customers' growing needs for quality, value and performance. Today, Owens Corning operates in three segments: insulation, roofing and asphalt, and composite solutions.Our Mission:
We aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.Our Purpose:
Our people and products make the world a better place.Our Company Values
Winning with Customers
Leading in Quality
Expanding Our Impact through Sustainability
Turning Knowledge into Value
Striving to Be Better, Every Day
Some of our recent distinctions include: 2016 Best Companies for Leaders ( Chief Executive magazine); 2016 Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality (Corporate Equality Index, Human Rights Campaign Foundation); 100 Best Corporate Citizens ( Corporate Responsibility magazine); 2016 Top Companies for Leaders (Aon Hewitt); Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (six consecutive years); Fortune 500® (61 consecutive years).
Thank you for your interest in our company of 15,000 employees across 25 countries. We invite you to learn more about what we stand for and how our products touch your life, home and community.About Toledo, OH, USA
Learn more about the vibrant Toledo region, where It Matters Where You Make It: http://toledoregion.com/ About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology