Overview: VP, Business Development
The VP, Business Development's primary responsibility is to profitably revenues within the assigned sales territory. This will occur through a concentration on both new business development and expanding current client relationships. Reporting Relationships:
- Reports directly to the SVP, Regional Sales Director
- Participates regularly in team selling with colleagues and partners, with National Sales and marketing efforts and with Global Project Services, when required.
Responsibilities: Major Responsibilities: Sales Planning
- Develops overall sales for assigned new business prospects and for revenue growth in current clients. Activities include:
- Analysis of local market opportunity and LHH market share
- Recommendation of strategies for all LHH lines of business
- Implementation planning and execution
- Quarterly review to determine progress
- Works closely with SVP, Regional Sales Director and SVP, Regional Talent Solutions Director in determining total revenue strategy.
- Conducts research to gather competitive data and market trends.
- Ultimate responsibility for meeting assigned revenue and profitability targets across all LHH lines of business.
- Provides regular updates to SVP, RSD with regard to sales activity including client visits, first-in new business meetings, current client updates, ongoing account proposals, win/loss record with details, shopper rates, conversion and engagement rates, pipeline reports and progress toward quarterly and annual revenue and profitability targets.
- Fulfills assigned role and responsibilities in a national account team-sell.
- Coordinates closely with operations team and project services on delivery of local and national client projects.
- Writes proposals, creates and presents winning client presentations, leads RFP response process and follows national pricing guidelines.
- Maintains acceptable levels of account receivables with client and ensure coordination of organized collection efforts through internal and external methods.
- Ensures that marketing activities support sales strategies and priorities.
- Plans and generates measurable ROI for local marketing events, including evaluation of participation, events success and compliance with tracking.
- Increases local awareness of LHH through active participation within the community and industry related organizations.
- Continually seeks professional development opportunities and self-improvement activities.
Qualifications: Required Experience/Characteristics:
- Proven track record in a professional sales environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop credible relationships with all levels of management
- Organized self-starter who enjoys prospecting and cold calls
- Highly developed presentation and communication skills
- Team player who effectively draws on others in order to maximize the firm's resources
- Demonstrated basic computer skills with a general understanding of technological sales support techniques
- Active community involvement
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled