We are a staff counsel for an insurance company in need of a legal litigation assistant to provide full litigation support in a high volume/fast paced environment.
Depending on level of experience this position can be hired as a Legal Assistant or Senior Legal Assistant. The position also assists in overall support of the office as needed and as assigned by supervisor (e.g. scanning, case matching, mail,
photocopying, limited filing, CD duplication, PDF compilation, file conversion, etc.).
Duties include responsibility for preparation and filing (both electronic and manual) of pleadings and motions/oppositions, discovery, extensive scheduling and calendar activity, reviewing mail, preparing correspondence, processing invoices
for payment, document production, data maintenance in company systems and maintaining and operating within our electronic legal files. Duties also include interactions with clients, opposing counsel, claim partners, and
-Must be able to work independently in a paperless environment
-Must be able to work with State Court systems
- Must be capable of data entry across multiple systems
-Must have strong organizational skills, especially regarding prioritizing work activities for multiple attorneys
-Must be able to manipulate electronic documents such as TIF, PDF and JPG formats
-Ability to work in a team-structured environment Qualifications:
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
-Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 5 years' experience as a defense civil legal secretary in a law office or a
staff legal office for an insurance company.
-Personal injury experience required
-Experience working in a paperless environment
-Experience in discovery preparation and production, maintenance of Outlook calendars, and client/claim contact
-Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Works well in high volume/fast paced environment.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position is located in our staff legal office in Hartford, CT.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **