Arconic's Legal Department is seeking to fill one (1) Legal Assistant/Paralegal II position at its Corporate Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Qualified candidates should possess 3 or more years of professional experience as a legal assistant/ paralegal focusing on commercial and/or procurement matters while working in a large law firm or corporation. The candidate should have developed skills and expertise handling matters of a moderately complex nature.
(1) Review and assist legal counsel with the negotiation of routine commercial and procurement agreements against established parameters and criteria, including but not limited to software license agreements, transportation agreements, raw material purchase contracts, facilities maintenance contracts and routine amendments and extensions to the foregoing.
(2) Run the Legal Department's Procurement support process, which includes staffing the Procurement Shared Mailbox, and working with the corporate procurement and legal counsel to develop and deploy appropriate tools and training for procurement professionals, including preventive law training on appropriate topics such as procurement terms and conditions.
(3) Assist legal counsel with the development and maintenance of various legal form agreements/templates as well as filing/maintaining a database of copies of executed agreements.
(4) Attend and act as a legal department liaison at various procurement information sharing meetings, including those held by corporate procurement. Communicate material developments to Procurement Lead Counsel and Group and Business Unit Counsel on issues that relate to their areas of responsibility.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution
- Graduation from an ABA approved program of study for legal assistants or successful completion of the Certified Legal Assistant (CLA)/Certified Paralegal (CP) certifying examination of the National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc.;
- A minimum of three years of law-related experience in commercial or procurement as a legal assistant under the supervision of an attorney in a large law firm or corporation.
- Employees must be legally required to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office