Legal Counsel - Supply Chain
About the Role:
Individual contributor within Oracle's Supply Chain legal team, providing legal support for the hardware engineering, manufacturing supply chain and hardware support services organizations.
Supply Chain Legal Counsel 3 Responsibilities include:
• negotiation of complex hardware development, supply, contract manufacturing, logistics and technology licensing transactions
• advice and counsel on issues relating to hardware development, manufacturing, product quality, product regulatory compliance, corporate social responsibility, supplier disputes, legal issues and company policies and procedures
• fiduciary support for hardware-related regulatory compliance and company policies.
Supply Chain Legal Counsel 3 Experience and Skills Required:
• 5 years of experience with complex inbound and/or outbound commercial transactions and programmatic support relating to hardware IP, technology and manufacturing issues, trade compliance, hardware-related social and environmental responsibility, hardware product regulatory compliance, and cross-border, multi-tier supply chain models
• Strong fiduciary focus
• Effective interpersonal and cross-organizational communication and collaboration skills
• Collaborative team player
• Ability to be versatile, pragmatic, proactive and creative in identifying and assessing risks, and developing sustainable, practical solutions and efficient legal processes that balance business and legal considerations
• Demonstrated ability to learn new issues and subject areas quickly, manage competing priorities and maintain good judgment, sense of humor and focus when working in a fast paced environment
• Familiarity with cross-border tax and contracting issues
Please disregard those portions of the general description below which are not specific to this role.
Provide legal support across all lines of business enabling profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, and country specific laws and regulations
Responsible for providing legal advice to the organization. Close liaison to business in providing a variety of corporate and commercial legal services. May perform litigation on Oracle's behalf or coordinates litigation and other legal, administrative or investigative actions handled by outside counsel. May draft, review, and negotiate major and/or non-standard technology contracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing agreements, professional services agreements, and cloud services agreements. May advise on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance. Responds to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks in order to provide appropriate legal solutions. Works closely with other lawyers throughout Oracle and coordinates legal matters handled by outside lawyers. Demonstrates deep general commercial or functional knowledge across a sub discipline within the individual's specialty area(s), (e.g., general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, securities compliance and regulatory, employment law, immigration law, cloud transactions, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, contract management, intellectual property, trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry)
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years related experience. Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar background is a plus for roles within certain sub disciplines. Completed law degree and member of bar association in relevant jurisdictions. Excellent legal skills and business judgment in areas of responsibility. Proficient writing skills.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.