Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization?s financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
The Legal Entity Governance Office is responsible for managing and sustaining the legal entity control framework and its ongoing enhancements to ensure appropriate risk-based coverage for the Firm's global legal entity population and structure. The legal entity control framework must be able to assess and react to new regulatory or business developments on a legal entity or existing legal entity structures.
The associate role will work closely with members of the Legal Entity Governance Office, Recovery and Resolution Planning Group and other stakeholders to continuously enhance the Firm's legal entity governance framework. Responsibilities also include:
- Assist in completing assessments of the Firm's legal entity structure against Legal Entity Rationalization and Separability criteria, which will involve identifying gaps and establishing remediation plans
- Assist in Material Entity Designation Assessments to identify potential material entities to be considered for inclusion in the Firm's Title I resolution plan submission; also involves presenting the material entity candidates for review and challenge by senior stakeholders and relevant governance bodies across the organization
- Legal Entity Control Group central point of contact for other resolution planning matters (e.g., Capabilities Assessment, Operational Mapping, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of materials to Global Legal Entity Oversight & Governance Committee and other governance bodies
- Coordinate periodic legal entity due diligence program to ensure legal entity controllers are reviewing activities/risks of their entities to increase transparency to senior management and stakeholders
- Coordinate completion of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) for Legal Entity Control Group
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- 2-4 years experience in financial services
- Ideal candidate should be familiar with various regulatory initiatives (e.g., Dodd Frank, Resolution Planning, etc.)
- Self-motivated with high personal standards, attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent in time management; ability to meet tight deadlines
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.