Legal Operations Analyst 3 (Program Manager)
Oracle is seeking an experienced professional (non-attorney), who is passionate to implement efficiencies to the Oracle Legal Team. This position reports to the Legal department eDiscovery team and will be responsible for working with in-house Attorneys, Paralegals, outside Counsel, Corporate Security, IT and outside vendors on eDiscovery activities. The position requires an individual with strong program management skills, who is self-motivated and able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced global technology firm.
Main Responsibilities of the position
As a Legal Operations Analyst in Oracle's Legal Department, you will assist in the coordination and management of eDiscovery related activities. You will coordinate and administer program management for key eDiscovery initiatives. You will act as the eDiscovery vendor management liaison. You will develop, manage and report on key metrics for eDiscovery activities. You will create and manages policies, procedures and related documentation to assist Oracle employees in understanding the Oracle eDiscovery function and associated resources
- Manages the identification, introduction, evaluation and interactions with eDiscovery vendors in collaboration with the Director of eDiscovery and team.
- Develop and manage RFPs/RFIs and associated processes
- Set up and coordinate introduction and product demo meetings w/ vendors
- Provide high level oversight of eDiscovery application update projects such as seeking end user feedback & RFE's; creating & distributing communications; confirming budget allocations; attending project meetings; working with technical staff.
- Develop and maintain vendor matrix
- Monitor vendor performance metrics, recommend changes as needed
- Monitor vendor SLAs, report on SLA performance, confirm missed SLAs are enforced
- Manage the use of task codes by vendors providing services.
- Develop, manage and report on key metrics for eDiscovery activities. Reports may include oral and/or written presentations for LegalOps staff or executive management
- Knowledge management activities including policy, process, guidelines creation and management, as well as documentation creation and management.
- This job description may not represent all duties of the position. The Analyst may be asked to perform other related duties, as needed.
- 2 years of relevant legal experience including program management experience OR background in program management with knowledge of legal processes
- BA/BS OR related legal/PM/IT work experience
- Procurement/Vendor management experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with APEX and web content management apps a plus
- Ability to work effectively with Legal and technical teams
- Experience working with in-house Legal staff, outside counsel and third party vendors on litigation case management or in the area of eDiscovery, including ESI identification, preservation, collection, processing, review, analysis and production is a plus
- Program management skills and experience coordinating across functional departments required
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be familiar with legal terminology, case management activities and litigation support concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of Relativity legal review software helpful
- Knowledge and understanding of Clearwell software helpful
- Candidate must be able to work in a flexible, highly complex and varied work environment
- Candidate must be self-motivated, confident and capable of managing multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative and dynamic team environment
Interested candidates may e-mail resumes directly to Oracle Corporation Recruiting for immediate consideration, email@example.com. Prior to any consideration for this opportunity, Oracle requires that you complete the following 3-step process:
• Logon to https://irecruitment.oracle.com and create a user profile
• Keyword search: 16001EMO
• Apply for the role by submitting resume
As part of Oracle's standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check prior to an offer being extended. These background checks are conducted by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicles records (where required for position).
Oracle Supports Workforce DiversityQualifications:
Assists with analyzing complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
As part of a software project implementation team, provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user needs. Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business specifications. Designs details of automated systems. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
Job duties are varied and complex; independent judgment needed. May have project lead role. Prefer 5 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.