At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Pretty much, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
Currently we seek a Legal Research Clerk to join our Revolutionary team here at Vivint Solar. The Legal Research Clerk will report to the Licensing Manager/Paralegal and assist in providing research on licensing and corporate registration requirements for the company.
You'll make a difference by...
- Manage entity formation, foreign qualifications, and other registrations.
- Research and analyze licensing and registration requirements.
- Organize and maintain thorough records of all entities, licensing, and other legal department files.
- Assists with regulatory and compliance filings through state and federal agencies.
- Draft and prepare policies and procedures for licensing and legal compliance.
- Assist business units with licensing and legal compliance.
- Liaison between corporate counsel, other business units, and external contacts to coordinate and expedite legal projects.
- Prioritizing and coordinating projects for more than one attorney simultaneously
- Monitor progress of all entities and report to Manager.
You'll do that with your...
- A self-starter who operates independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with an insistence on high quality work product.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical and independent thinking skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface and work cross-functionally with multiple organizations.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience in Project Management.
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years of experience in research analysis
- Legal experience a plus
- Experience working in a regulated industry is a plus.
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and provide local and/or state licensing according to state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws .
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.