McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Immediate need for a highly-skilled corporate paralegal with a broad range of experience at a major law firm or law department of a multi-national enterprise to join McKesson's Subsidiary Management Team.
- Perform all tasks required for accurate, timely and effective legal entity life cycle management;
- Prepare and execute statutory filings (e.g., certificates of incorporation, formation, foreign qualification, merger, conversion, dissolution and withdrawal) w/ limited oversight or support;
- Draft governance documents (e.g., bylaws, operating agreements, partnership agreements, joint venture agreements), meeting minutes, board and stockholder resolutions and consents;
- Coordinate/assist with board meeting preparation and scheduling;
- Maintain accurate corporate books and records using McKesson's electronic global entity management system (GEMS™);
- Generate organizational charts, affiliate lists and other reports for internal stakeholders;
- Support a broad range of projects, including post-M&A integration efforts, internal reorganizations, intercompany arrangements, and other internal transactions involving McKesson's subsidiaries across the globe;
- Assist w/ timely execution of McKesson's subsidiary audit program and legal entity rationalization efforts;
- Other responsibilities and tasks to be assigned, as needed.
2 year Associates degree and/or Paralegal Certificate with 7+ years related work experience or 4 year degree (Preferred) with 5+ years or related work experience or JD with 3+ years related
- Highly developed organizational skills and superior attention to detail;
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively w/ high-performing tax, accounting, treasury, legal and other business professionals from staff to executive level and resolve issues across organizational boundaries;
- Ability to coordinate projects involving various internal stakeholders around the globe and across various time zones;
- Working knowledge of general corporate law and corporate governance principles;
- Working knowledge of legal entity ownership structures;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, GEMS™, online legal research tools or similar software programs;
- Highly responsive w/ superior customer service skills;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and competing priorities
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Self-motivated w/ ability to work independently;
- Sound professional judgment;
- Ability to capture and summarize meeting minutes and/or draft legal documents;
- Strong legal research skills;
- Familiarity w/ corporate tax matters, a plus;
- Cost-effective and efficient management of third party service providers;
- Project management experience;
- Ability to own and drive projects to successful completion.
Bachelor's degree and paralegal certificate from well-recognized, accredited institution(s). Associate's degree coupled with paralegal certificate and appropriate work experience will be considered.
Benefits & Company Statement
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at www.mckesson.com/careers
No agencies please.