Network Administration Job Number:
As a member of Global Infrastructure Network Services (GINS) team, the Network Operations Level-1 Administrator is the in-shift detection, notification and escalation point for network issues. The Administrator has the primary responsibility for managing and responding to Network, Hardware and external client and circuit events which may result in impaired connectivity to our clients and internal business. The position requires an in-depth understanding of how logical and physical connectivity issues can affect transaction quality. The preferred candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Ability to understand customer topology and potential work-around scenarios to mitigate client impact.
- Modify and create work instructions or Recipes to prepare for similar impacting events and allow for a quicker response. Constantly review work instructions for accuracy and solicit improvements through second level support groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the incident management process to ensure that all communications are timely and accurate, as per documented process.
- Follow documented support procedures, managing each issue through resolution or turnover in order to maintain established service levels.
- Track update and resolve all assigned incidents, changes and problem reports in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets a standard of high quality.
- Properly escalate incidents in a timely manner per support guidelines and procedures.
- Proactively monitor, recognize, analyze, isolate and/or resolve documented hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Liaise with L2 support groups and/or development groups to collaborate on the resolution of incidents.
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups, and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone.
- One to two years of previous experience as an Operations support Analyst, or equivalent Network experience.
- Knowledge of data-center and wide-area-network, TCP, routing/switching required, tunneling, security operations/engineering, MPLS and Ethernet carrier transports, WiFi.
- Knowledge of Solarwinds, NetCool or other fault monitoring toolsets
- Knowledge of BMC, ServiceNow or other incident and change management tools
- Ability to interpret firewall logs and look for specific permission or denial of a source IPs to a specific destination in support of troubleshooting
- Ability to work 12hr rotating shifts, with possibility of future move to 8hr rotating shifts
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational skills, ability to prioritize a constantly changing work load. Interpersonal skills and ability to excel as part of a team.
- Uses sound judgment in determining priorities and enlisting support of other internal groups to prevent any compromise to Visa business or client service level agreements. Proper escalation to support groups based on criticality and exposure.
- MS Office suite proficiency
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred: ITIL certification
- Preferred: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Equiv.
- Preferred: F5 load balancer
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity . Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.