No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Cummins is looking for an extraordinary Diesel Technician in Columbus, OH. As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime .
A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in Cummins tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our customers. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company. Responsibilities:
-Completes diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop under limited supervision.
-Applies documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
-Disassemble, clean and reassemble engines and /or engine components
-Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines
-Assists more experienced technicians with diagnostics and development of repair plans engines in the workshop
-Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens
-Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
-Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
-Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisorQualifications: Skills
Skill Level A
Level I Technician plus:
Ability to carry out basic diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types with minimal supervision
Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On Line
Capable of developing collaborative working relationships
Able to identify and communicate opportunities for work process improvements
Can resolve common technical problems
Skill Level B
Skill Level A plus:
Ability to carry out full diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types without supervision
In depth mechanical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships Education, Licenses, Certifications
Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
Locally valid driving permit (Preferred) Experience
Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
Cummins and E-verify
- Perform troubleshooting and complete repair on engines and sub-assemblies within a reasonable and expected time frame while maintaining an acceptable level of quality workmanship, within SRT guidelines.
- Field installation, repair and maintenance of Industrial (6kw and above) Power Generation Systems.
- Understand and complete various paperwork, including time reports and work order reports.
- Participate in keeping work area clean at all times, and/or keep company vehicle clean and in good repair at all times.
- Maintain truck stock inventory.
- Properly maintain and interpret various product/service information sources including parts microfiche, service manuals and product support bulletins.
- Successfully complete all Cummins required training courses on a timely basis.
- Continually improve upon mechanical ability by home study course, service parts topics, and other schools and training offered by the company.
- Assist in mentoring and training of apprentice service technicians.
- Drive customer vehicles when necessary.
- Provide assortment of hand tools needed to do repairs, as well as basic electrical/electronic meters.
- Work in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
- Sell our products and services; up sell when possible.
- Work with and assist other departments, branches, customers and dealers.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.