IBM Security Services has openings for Level 3 (L3) On-Site Security Operations Center (SOC)Architects. The L3 On-Site SOC Architect will work directly with the client around our SOC/SIEM tooling roadmap, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing maintenance and support of our SOC/SIEM solution design tool suite.
The L3 On-Site SOC Architect will:
- Provide technical support to customers
- Provide Oversight of Incident Response
- Oversee/manage status/progress of actions/incidents
- Can initiate new/changed Use Cases
- Linking pin for communication (Liaison GID - Ahold L2/L3)
- Link with SOC/SIEM Manager (GID)
- Proactive in requirement raising based on threat/vulnerability evolutions
- Manage 3rd parties (Incident response, plus follow on activities towards 3rd parties not related to Incidents)
- Responsible for support issues from beginning to end and follows the documented escalation procedures (oversight end2end)
- Takes an active part in the resolution of problems, even after they are escalated
- Issue documentation and proactively contacting customers when an issue is resolved to ensure the service provided met or exceeded the customers' expectations
- Manage assigned trouble ticket queue (assignment, progress, resolution, close)
- Understanding and exceeding all SLA commitments
- Knowledge base article submissions (intelligence, procedures, .....)
- Monitoring and awareness of what is happening in the data security industry, and on various newsgroups/mailing lists regarding security and security products
- Local regulation awareness
- Planning, roadmapping, of new use cases to be developed
- SOC Guru: L3 SME (Incident response is different)
- US - NL handover across each other
- Ensure QA is 'alive'
- Data source management / log source integration; contextual information integration à guidance to L2
- Note: both RSA and Archer, NetWitness
- Evaluate log / source 'behaviour', initiate action if needed
- Ability to effectively communicate on executive level
Positions are located in Greenville, SC and Salisbury, NC.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.