Must have a 4-6 years experience in installation, planning, and estimating wireline, wireless, Central Office and MSC sites to include but not limited to:
DC Power, Telemetry, LTE, Alarms,
DSO through OC-192 communication systems.
Must be proficient with balance of plant support system such as:
Grounding, DC power, Batteries, Raceway, superstructure systems,
Must understand Bellcore/Tellcordia, NFPA, UBC, NEC codes and standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Perform installation and removal of fiber optic cables
* Perform fiber cable pre-termination and termination.
* Perform fiber raceway
* Perform lead verification/community testing
* Analyze job specifications and drawings
* Provide job assignments to level 1 or 2 installers
* Prepare method of procedures (MOP)
* Prepare job information procedures (JIM)
* Resolve job specifications and/or drawing problems
* Mark/correct office record drawings
* In-process and final quality inspections
* Be capable of performing as the installation supplier's in-charge person on common system jobs.
* Possess working understanding of Alarms, Float, Equalize, Internal Resistance, Connection Resistance, Microhms, MHOS, Rectifiers, and PDUs.
* Possess an understanding of EPA and HAZMAT regulations and guidelines involginv the recycling of batteries.
* Operate tools designed for cabling and lugging such as hydraulic crimping tools, cable cutters, heat gun and so on.
* Operate test equipment using Alber and Midtronics
* Possess and understanding of OSHA regulations and guidelines
* Experience with 12, 24, 48, VDC systems a plus
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.