201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
Level II Field Service Engineer
The Level II Field Service Engineer provides remote and onsite support of all information technology equipment in back office locations for our internal “Power Up” Service desks. Excellent customer service and engagement are our highest priorities.
- Support of a growing business group of 450+ associates in multiple San Francisco Bay Area locations. Travel to various local locations by a variety of transport methods (walking, taxi, train, etc.).
- Address inquiries and respond to requests from multiple channels for support, access, application installation and configuration.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain computer systems, printers, and other peripheral equipment throughout the entire organization.
- Provide first level support of all network (Access Points, Routers, and Switches), servers, and VoIP telecommunication equipment within Retail locations.
- Provide all support of network Category 6, fiber optics, and telephone infrastructure cabling in retail locations.
- Troubleshoot telco circuit and pots lines demarcation points, providing loop back and line testing where needed.
- Deploy and maintain out of band management devices in back office locations, so that network equipment can be managed remotely.
- Maintain stand-alone UPS battery back-up equipment and the connections to the devices.
- Setup and maintain the server 2008 print queues at back office locations.
- Provide daily support of the Microsoft Windows 7 and Apple OS X operations systems. Strong emphasis on Mac support.
- Assist with the daily support of the appliance of Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, and Microsoft Configuration Manager to the PC level.
- Provide on premise support for projects and other support teams where needed.
- Support the automation of solutions for common problems and help find innovative ways to resolve issues.
- Candidate must have strong communication and customer service skills
- Candidates must be able to multi-task efficiently
- Candidates must have the ability to travel to additional back office locations for staff coverage/augmentation
- Candidate must be adaptable to a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in technical environment
- At least 5 years of experience with troubleshooting hardware and software problems
- At least 3 year of experience with hardware and software installations
- At least 3 years of experience with OS X, including system image deployment, maintenance, software and system testing, and encryption and security tools (McAfee and FileVault)
- At least 3 years of experience with productivity tools running on Mac’s, including MS Office and Communicator.
- At least 2 years of experience supporting a Mac environment.
- At least 2 years of experience with platform management and integration (JAMF Casper Suite, SCCM)
- Bachelor’s Degree, or military experience
- CompTIA Certification AND A+ Certification AND Network + Certification
- 3+years’ experience with Microsoft.
- 3+ years’ experience with LAN equipment and 3+ years’ experience with WAN equipment
- 3+ years’ experience with remote PC support of users
- 3+ years’ experience with diagnostic/imaging tools
- 1+ years’ experience with mobile devices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.