GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running. www.GEEnergyConnections.com
Industrial Solutions, part of GE Energy Connections, empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. Industrial Solutions' product and service solutions add to GE's broader portfolio of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. To learn more, please visit: www.GEIndustrial.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Level IV Installer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Level IV Installer will be working on DC power equipment, addition and removal of circuits on working live power distribution, testing and turn-up, overseeing volatile work activities and performing Site Supervisors responsibilities on a job site. Due to the critical potential of safety, service disruption, and business security for the network, you will complete a 90 day probationary period to demonstrate skill level completion of essential job functions for continued employment.
As the Level IV Installer, you will:
* Generate revenue by planning and executing sales transactions which address and provide product / applications solutions to complex business issues
* Perform work operations on working equipment or circuits without direct supervision by a Site Supervisor
* Perform direct current (DC) Controller Software adds or upgrades
* Be responsible for DC Power transition work (cut-over)
* Be responsible for addition or removal of telecom batteries
* Be responsible for addition or removal of circuits on working power distribution sources
* Perform equipment testing and turn-up
* Oversee volatile work activities inside energized equipment
* Be responsible for additions, removals, wiring connections, and modifications on working equipment and circuits
* Be responsible for addition or removal of common systems equipment/hardware
* Be responsible for addition or removal of wiring and connections on non-working equipment only
* Lead verification (voltage)
* Analyze job specifications and Engineering drawings
* Resolve job specifications and/or Engineering drawing problems
* Prepare all required customer forms
* Correct office record drawings
* Perform in-process and final quality inspections
* Follow all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) guidelines
* Communicate with the customer on all aspects of the job throughout the duration of the job
* Supervise job-site of subcontractor workers
* Provide work assignments to crew
* High School Diploma / GED
* Minimum of 6 years of experience in DC power equipment installation
* Minimum of 4 years of experience of the addition or removal of wiring and connections on non-equipment on DC power equipment or addition or removal of telecom batteries (skill sets for a Level III installer)
* Ability and willingness to travel approximately 100%
* Ability and willingness to work different shifts (swing shifts)
* Ability and Willingness to lift at least 40 lbs.
* Ability and Willingness to use a lifting technique to maneuver, install or remove 80-750 lb. batteries
* Ability and Willingness to push or pull cables up to 60 lbs.
* Ability and Willingness to climb ladders up to 8 ft.
* Ability and Willingness to work / stand on ladders for long periods of time
* Ability and Willingness to stand continuously
* Ability and Willingness to frequently reach above, below or at shoulder level
* Ability and Willingness to frequently bend, twist or stoop
* Ability and Willingness to frequently crouch or squat
* Ability and Willingness to be exposed to central office environment with moderate noise levels and nominal variations in heat and cold
* Ability and Willingness to work with computers that result in extensive exposure to Personal Computers (PC) and Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) screens
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* AC Electrical experience
* Demonstrate competence in the completion of Level IV duties
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.