Performs maintenance and repair duties and assigned tasks having to do with hospital mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
• Orders parts and materials as needed.
• Maintain and repair non-patient contact hospital equipment, and various Life Safety systems.
• The operating engineer maintains and operates the building powerhouse/boiler system as required by city code. Qualifications:
Performs maintenance and repair duties and assigned tasks having to do with hospital mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. The operating engineer maintains and operates the building powerhouse/boiler system and chiller equipment as required by city code. Maintain and repair non-patient contact hospital equipment, HVAC equipment, Building automation controls and various Life Safety systems. Orders parts and materials as needed.
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity
Graduate of Vocational, Trade School and/or Military training in vocational field a plus
Minimum 3 years Boiler Room maintenance and HVAC experience preferred
HVAC- License, any state Degree of supervision required:
Involves general guidance and direction by the Director of Plant Operations. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures. Ages of Patients Served:
This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients and families. Personnel in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category. The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families according to standards. (The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom