- Position Summary:
HVAC technician will perform heating and air conditioning work in the installation, inspection, maintenance, alteration, and repair of HVAC systems, Chillers, and other utilities to meet the required production capacity. Qualifications:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance and repair duties and assigned tasks having to do with hospital mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Orders parts and materials as needed.
- Maintains and repairs on an as needed basis non-patient contact minor electrical items, hospital equipment, and various Life Safety systems.
- Install, inspect, maintain, repair and modify air conditioning, heating and ventilating systems including pilots, relays, coils, heating and condensate piping, controls, valves, compressors, fans, dampers, vents, blowers, pumps, burners, gauges, and traps.
- Calibrate and adjust thermostats, valves, and controls to specified levels of operation.
- Review plans, blueprints, and specifications for heating and air conditioning projects to understand scope of projects.
- Assist in planning and modifying existing heating and air conditioning systems.
- Answer trouble calls for repairs to heating and air conditioning equipment.
- Assist in preparing material lists, preparing job records, and maintaining supplies and tools.
- Accurately complete/maintain necessary reports/records in a timely and legible manner, according to applicable procedures and/or work order.
- Diagnose electronic, electro-mechanical, electrical, and mechanical malfunctions.
- Complete tasks and follow oral and written instructions with minimal supervision.
- Perform routine maintenance inspections according to the standard operating procedure.
- Read, interpret, and work from blueprints, drawings, schematics, diagrams, sketches, and specifications.
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
Qualifications: Position Requirements: Education:
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity
Graduate of Vocational, Trade School and/or Military training in vocational field Experience:
Minimum 3 years HVAC experience; experience with Boiler Room maintenance a plus Licensure/Certification/Registration:
HVAC- License, any state Degree of supervision required:
Involves general guidance and direction by the Chief Engineer. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom