MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER
At Grace Hospice, our mission is for each employee to treat every patient as their own treasured loved one, providing care that affords a quality of life that outweighs quantity of days, and supports caregivers as their hearts find healing.
Our program ensures that our patients will spend the final days of their journey in comfort and with dignity. If you are caring, compassionate and have a true desire to help others, becoming a member of the Grace Hospice team may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Some of the benefits and advantages of working with Grace Hospice Include:
MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER:
- Grace Hospice is CHAP accredited and we are Members of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- We invest in our employees' career development and growth.
- Comprehensive orientation programs for new hires
- Leadership Academy meetings held off-site regularly for continuous development of our site leadership team members (Office Manager, CS, DCS, and Administrator).
- We offer FREE Unlimited CEU's for our Nurses and Social workers; additional education courses are available to all disciplines!
- Grace offer advancement opportunities.
- Grace Hospice has 27 locations across the U.S. and we are growing. This growth creates additional advancement opportunities for strong performers.
- We provide an innovative healthcare environment offering a clinical ladder.
- Grace is founded firmly on five pillars of excellence: People, Service, Quality, Finance, and Growth.
- Our environment offers collaboration and provides tools and programs to enhance our team's ability to provide excellent care.
- Our point-of-care system is state of the art: HomeCare HomeBase.
- Employees have access to referring physicians and other professional resources on a daily basis.
- Inter-disciplinary Team conferences are held regularly to discuss and optimize patient care.
- Our 'Meaningful Memories' program is in development to provide exceptional patient experiences.
The Medical Social Worker (MSW), in accordance with the plan of treatment, assists the physician and other team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the health problems, participates in the development of the plan of treatment, prepares clinical and progress notes, works with the family, utilizes appropriate community resources, participates in discharge planning and in service programs and acts as a consultant to other agency personnel. Requirements:
- Social Worker- Masters Level - Licensed
- Master's degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work
- One (1) year of social work experience; hospice care exp. preferred
- Ability to travel the service area to visit home bound patients
- Must be board certified/licensed in the State of practice/service
Social Worker, Medical Social Worker, Clinical Social Worker, Director of Social Services, Social Work Case Manager, Nephrology Social Worker, Oncology Social Worker, Renal Social Worker, Psychiatric Social Worker, home care, home health
A little about us:
Our mission is to provide high quality, compassionate and cost-effective care to our patients through clinical leadership, outcomes management and maintaining an ethical workplace.