Parkland Medical Center, through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), brings specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. With convenient locations in Derry, Londonderry and Salem, we're proud to provide all the care you need close to home.
The Patient Sitter LNA remains with the patient to provide constant observation and attendance. The Patient Sitter provides direct supervision and frequent safety checks on patients identified as high risk for safety issues such as falls, wandering, self-injury, delirium etc. under the direct supervision of the assigned RN.
- Remains in constant attendance observing the patient unless relieved by another staff member
- Monitors and observes patient's behavior, condition and safety
- Reports any change to nursing staff immediately
- Obtains shift report and plan of care for shift from assigned RN
- Attend to patient care needs
- Anticipates need for assistance in providing safety for patient
- Competent in proper use of restraints
- Orients and reorients patient as appropriate
- Engages patient in therapeutic activities, if appropriate
- Accurate and timely documentation of care
- Maintains cleanliness of patient care area
- Communicates effectively with physicians, other providers, patients and families
- Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction
- Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement
- Attendance: works as scheduled and is compliant with Attendance and Tardiness Policy
Qualifications and Experience:
Current New Hampshire Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) required.
American Heart Association BCLS certification required.
CPI and geriatric or mental health experience preferred.